Weather thread 2010

Guest remote

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GFS runs getting better and better with the low heading north, it was even the worst run ver the festival period aswell on the 00z, UKMO znd ECMWF showing similar - looks like we are actually going to have a decent week after all :D

I know this info is now a little out of date - let's face it, five minutes is a long time when it comes to this thread - but my wife works for the Environment Agency and as she happened to be working in the flood forecasting centre on the Thames on Friday, she took the opportunity to get the top metereologist type bods to do a quick check for Glasto for next weekend, and they reported back that it was all looking good with no rain expected!

(Apologies, I can't be bothered to dig out a Germanic/lesbianic pic to go with this!).

I know this info is now a little out of date - let's face it, five minutes is a long time when it comes to this thread - but my wife works for the Environment Agency and as she happened to be working in the flood forecasting centre on the Thames on Friday, she took the opportunity to get the top metereologist type bods to do a quick check for Glasto for next weekend, and they reported back that it was all looking good with no rain expected!

(Apologies, I can't be bothered to dig out a Germanic/lesbianic pic to go with this!).

What the f**k?!?

Just read this, seen the Netweather charts. IF this comes to fruition, we're looking at EL SCORCHIO.

Stick!! Stick!! You bitch!! Stick!!

Oh sorry - Stich.

0069416.jpg

Curiously enough, Mr Stich shares the same Christian name as the kind man who runs the festival. Such coincidences can't be meaningless.

From a lovely, kind weather-nerd who knows his stuff:

i know the gfs isnt as good, i commented on the ecm which showed stunning synoptics and its the ecm that has the better track record so the eventual outcome might not be as the 12z ecm predicted but imho its likely to be closer to it then the gfs.

.... and this morning the gfs now has the first atlantic low tracking up over our north west towards the northeast... exactly what the ecm predicted alone several days ago! pressure remaining higher to our southern/central areas should ensure a dry warmer week but not exactly wall to wall sunshine, particually closer to the low in the northwest. potential is there for pressure to remain high and build after the first atlantic low has passed. in all, its shaping up to be a weeks weather that we would have been VERY happy to have in the past three summers!

...oh... and its looking promising for a dry glastonbury!!!!

good way to start Fathers day...

Happy Fathers day to the Fathers..

From the BBC...

f_108vfm_fdbd3d5.jpg