Weather thread 2010

Guest remote

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The models still switching about so much fully justify that. Even as well informed a meteorologist as the JACKster is going to struggle to decide when there's such movement still going on, The difference between 00z ECM last night and 12z ECM today is only 12 hours, but synoptically huge.

Hi Guys (and Gals!) I am new to this weather watching stuff. But from what I have seen, there have been plenty of good forecasts already, why not just accept those and consider everyone else who has a different(wet)opinion as a fake - seems pretty straightforward to me! NRNC B)

What will be will be :P tis all good!

well done the only sensible option is NRNC. Do not lose heart over the coming days stray true to the church of sun, for enlightenment will follow and the non believers will burn under the eye of the all heating thingy. This will lead to free ice creams and the yellow signed places with red writing will hike up the price of suntan lotion. Photographers from the liars, half truthers and pedlars of their own opinions will be left nashing their teeth and hanging themselves by their own camera straps as there will be no crusties sliding in mud. It will be so hot that we will be asked to wee on the hedges to stop them from dying. And the love and goodwill will spread from the walls of the festival to all point of the land.

Or it might be a bit drizzly.

I know the ECMs are the future etc etc, But I just looked through the GFS precipitation charts and this morning they appear much more favourable than yesterday, with a sprinkling of skywater on Saturday.

I'm confident this will piss off soon to and we'll have a NRNC Glastonbury. B)

just looked at the ensembles for Somerset over the festival period. There is reason for optimism with a number of runs now going for air pressure around 1020 for the first few days then starting to drop off but remaining above 1015.

Its going to start coming into the reliable timeframe soon so the anticipation will rise ;)

Updates for today:

ECM: Big improvement after last night, but probably some showers :)

GFS: Same as ECM - showers on Saturday :)

GFS Ensemble: Showers on Saturday and Sunday (a couple of outliers have more heavy rain, but these are the exception) :mellow:

Norwegians: Dry Wednesday, light shower Thursday :mellow:

Met Office: Dry unless you count us as West (They normally say South West) :)

=1]Meteo: Very light showers every day :mellow:

JackOne: 45% chance of wet festival :mellow:

Certainly not bad. GFS and ECM are starting to show a bit of consensus so it looks likely that accuracy will improve. I'd go for a repeat of 2009 - some showers, some cold weather, but overall good.

Edited by devonhammer

I've always had trouble with which Glastonbury was which. When did Pulp play? When were those really wet years in the '90s etc., but I'm pretty sure that last year was really cold and a bit rainy on Friday. So good, yes, but excellent, no.

Netweather Glasto forecast shows a f**king fantastic Wednesday, and a perfectly acceptable Thursday to Saturday.

I am prepared - at this relatively late stage - to STICK with this one.

Come on weather gods - stick with us - please!!

for a country that obsesses about the weather you guys sure can't predict it! I use the weather channel online to get my UK forecast. It is 95% accurate for the 10 day forecast. It says that Wed. Thurs. and Friday are sunny to partly sunny and average of 68. Thats warm, not hot but warm. Slightly windy ( forgot from what direction). Going to get cold at night so bundle up but day's should be fantastic so far!

In addition, I've just checked Netweather's GFS charts (00Hz run) and STICK!!!!!!! A lovely, beautiful looking area of high pressure right over us, and not moving that much:

Early Wednesday:

h500slp.png

Early Monday:

h500slp.png

Link to charts

Obviously I expect this to change again, but that looks VERY nice indeed.