NME / Radio1

MGMT

Main Stage

The Strokes

Weezer

NME / Radio1

Biffy Clyro

Other Acts

Ladyhawke, Soulwax, Graham Coxon, Empire Of The Sun, The Flaming Lips, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, Franz Ferdinand, Primal Scream, Ash, Elbow.

Bands I'd love to see (but doubt it)..... Blur, Beck, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Daft Punk, The Dandy Warhols, Supergrass, Super Furry Animals, Art Brut.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres my take onit, Looks a bit strange but if this year is anything to go by then it'll be fine.

The other thing is Q.o.t.S.A going 3rd down but i just thought it'd work of Foo's day.

Fri

KASABIAN

The Strokes

Dizzee Rascal

Biffy Clyro

Sat

FOO FIGHTERS

Slipknot

Queens of the Stone Age

30 Seconds To Mars

mgmt

Sun

GREEN DAY

Blink-182

Limp Bizkit

Weezer

Here is what I'm thinking about some of the predicted bands

Muse - I'm pretty sure they will be at Glasto or Download next year, and seeing as Reading don't usualy share headliners with glastonbury I can't see Muse playing. It isn't completely out of the question but I think its more likely they will play elsewhere in 2010 before coming back to Reading and Leeds in 2011

Green Day - They pulled out of the 2009 lineup so two options look likely. One they pulled out saying instead they would play in 2010, or they pulled out and FR don't want the bother of trying to get them so they won't ask again. Of course they could be playing stadiums and refuse to do festivals altogether which is also likely. Personaly I think there is a big chance they will be there.

Blink 182 - If they play they will headline but they won't play if Green day play. I think that if Greenday are not headlining then Blink will.

The Libertines - Pete's been wanting to reform the band for many years but Carl says he won't reform unless Pete cleans up which I can't see happening in time for next year. Also Carl has a solo album coming out so I can not see The Lib's headlining anything anytime soon.

The Strokes - I'm almost certain they will be at a festival next year, so it may well be Reading or V. Hopefully they will still be big enough to headline but we can't rule out them playing second.

Iron Maiden - I think these will be back at a UK festival soon although there is stron competition from Sonisphere (surely Download will have Metallica and therefore not Iorn Maiden?) Personaly I think Sonisphere is more likely.

AC/DC - Haven't they said they have been offered festivals next year? They certainly wanted to do this year but couldn't because of other commitments, so If they are still touring or promoting next summer then I think Reading and Leeds could be very likely.

Kasabian - I'm sure they will have finished touring and promoting by next August and will there be the intrest in them for them to headline? Personaly I don't think so.

Foo Fighters - I don't know if their 'break' will be over by then, but they are festival favourites and if they are back with a new album next year then they are surely very likely...

R.E.M - we always get a headliner who is quite out of the blue, eg Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers or Radiohead. R.E.M may be an outside choice to headline then...

My Chemical Romance - I really hope this doesn't happen but there have been those annoying twitter updates and I would be quite surprised if they didn't play. Question is where abouts? Headline or below the headliner?

It may be someone more out of the box such as Beatie Boys, Aerosmith, The Who, or Blur if they want to play more shows.

Edited by thomasowen

Heres my take onit, Looks a bit strange but if this year is anything to go by then it'll be fine.

The other thing is Q.o.t.S.A going 3rd down but i just thought it'd work of Foo's day.

Fri

FOO FIGHTERS

KASABIAN

The Strokes

mgmt

Sat

Slipknot

Queens of the Stone Age

Weezer

Biffy Clyro

30 Seconds To Mars

Sun

GREEN DAY

Blink-182

Limp Bizkit

Dizzee Rascal

Friday

Blink 182

My Chemical Romance

Gaslight Anthem

Saturday

Muse

The Strokes

Them Crooked Vultures

Sunday

The Libertines

Kasabian

The Streets

I think we'll share Blink 182 as a headliner with Download, and Green Day will do V/Sonisphere. I dont think Muse will play Glasto,cos havent they said theyre getting bands who are Glasto legends cos its the 40th anniversary? V fest could get Kasabian. I hope to god Bloc Party dont come back; theyve become the festival republic house band.

Leeds Festival 2010 My Expected Day splits

Friday

AC/DC

Slipknot

Limp Bizkit

Pendulum

Avenged Sevenfold

Gallows

Taking Back Sunday

Guests

Saturday

Blink 182

The Offspring

Lostprophets

Guests

Less than Jake

Sunday

Muse or Foo Fighters or Blur?

The Libertines

Kasabian

The Enemy

Glasvegas

Doves

Guests

Other Bands

Paramore

The Editors

The Blackout

Funeral for a Friend

A Surprise Act???

Eminem (Instead of one of the main headliners??)

Billy Talent

The Used

Franz Ferdinand

Calvin Harris

Innerpartysystem

The Ting Tings

:D

Leeds Festival 2010 My Expected Day splits

Friday

AC/DC

Slipknot

Limp Bizkit

Pendulum

Avenged Sevenfold

Gallows

Taking Back Sunday

Guests

Saturday

Blink 182

The Offspring

Lostprophets

Guests

Less than Jake

Sunday

Muse or Foo Fighters or Blur?

The Libertines

Kasabian

The Enemy

Glasvegas

Doves

Guests

Other Bands

Paramore

The Editors

The Blackout

Funeral for a Friend

A Surprise Act???

Eminem (Instead of one of the main headliners??)

Billy Talent

The Used

Franz Ferdinand

Calvin Harris

Innerpartysystem

The Ting Tings

:D

Kasabian are confortbaly more popular than the offspring, if both released an album on the same day the record sales wouldnt even be close. Offsprings populairty peaked in the uk in the late 90s/early 00 and has been on a steady decleine ever since. There is no chance they would ever headline and I wouldnt be surprised if they were relegated to 3rd headliners.