2010 Predictions

Guest 504329lt

While they may not be going down the line-up, they're staying roughly the same position. Ignore the Ignorant bypassed a lot of people, it hasn't struck the same chord that MNWNW did. They won't be headlining the NME Tent again any time soon so the natural position is a late afternoon slot on mainstage. Four records, fringe mainstream exposure, solid fanbase and a great live reputation will get them 5th or perhaps 4th from top. What they lack are the crossover hits that a band like Maxïmo Park possess to propel them to top 3 despite having a slowdown of momentum with the recent record (Quicken The Heart was politely received at best).

I could very easily see one of the days looking like this:

Muse/The Strokes/Kasabian

Kasabian/The Strokes

Biffy Clyro

Ash/Pavement

The Cribs

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well im not 100% sure but... last year i read an interview with them and they really wanted to play reading and were asked to but they were already booked for a show in the US so they had to turn it down, and a couple of weeks ago i was reading classic rock magazine and they were speaking to AC/DC and the said they would be doing a UK summer festival so its got to be hasnt it ??