Suggestions For 2010 Line Up.

Guest Ed Leaf

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

At the risk of breaking with the tradition of requesting wholly familiar old bands for the festival, two bands that would be great are Beach House, the US duo who will surely be huge once everyone realises how excellent their new album is, and Coventry's Don't Move!, who have an also excellent album out and could surely be persuaded to make the short trip up the motorway. If we're inviting more established turns back, then Luke Haines would get my vote.

Edited by little car

• 2 weeks later...

Not a big fan of theirs myself, and surely too expensive, but apparently Blur may be appearing at one or two festivals later this year. They go down well I'm sure at SSW but Glastonbury/Reading & Leeds seem more likely. Perhaps someone could twist their arm though. Their old Leicester labelmates seem a more likely bet for SSW.

I'd love to see the Nightingales on the bill myself. Still a great live band.

Looking at a few other festival line-ups, these are playing elsewhere this year and would be very welcome at SSW:

Pixies

Pavement

The xx

Shellac

Wire

Mission of Burma

Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions

Polvo

Bill Callahan

Twinkle Brothers

If we could avoid the bands that are on at the V festival that would also be great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...