Next years headlines?

Guest tweemo freak

Yeah I would definatly count Bon Jovi out then, except shows and festival apperances are always classed as different so I reckon they will do festivals but as Lith says probably more likely to do IOW

EDIT and AC/DC must be playing either Download or Glasto after reading that

Edited by luckysalt

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just over 8 weeks till Xmas, if download are going to make a move for the Christmas present market they need to make this announcement quick. I'm starting to get the feeling Bon Jovi was the ace Andy was going to play but O2 have got him as an exclusive if so we're in shit again this year i think Andy got to excited and blew his load prematurely by telling people there would be an early announcement.

I don't, they said in the summer that they planned to announce headliners and go on sale before Christmas this year, its nothing to do with they could have got something booked and they quickly announce it. He said they they were already in talks with one headliner for next year before this years had even taken place and were going into talks with another soon afterwards

I reckon they may have 2 headliners booked but maybe the 3rd was Bon Jovi and thats gone tits up. And they're trying to get all three headliners in place before they make an announcement.

Think about it, if they made an announcement of Rammstein and Blink 182, doesn't exactly have as much of a punch as if they could add an AC/DC, Pearl jam or Bon Jovi onto the end of that announcement.

Mentioned above was Foo Fighters, I thought there would be no way they could play but now can see them a bit fed up of doing the V/Reading circuit and maybe doing a double of IOW/Download with Glasto later in the month

I'm assuming the SOAD rumours came from the twitter a while ago saying they were in talks with 3 (I think??) reformed bands to play in 2010? I suppose it's instinct to assume that they're talking about headliners but after Limp Bizkit this year I'm thinking it could be a bit of a red herring. Blink 182 are the only recently reformed band that are nearly certain to be at the fests next year that could headline, though I certainly hope they don't. There seems to be a bit of debate over whether Blink are big enough to headline but no-one's mentioned (or seemingly bothered?) about the fact that they're absolute dogshit live. I think it might be more likely that we see Creed, Skunk Anansie, No Doubt maybe?

I'm not claiming youtube is best way to hear a band, here are the links -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdAtmxqllkk...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcVIkNp1Ds0...feature=related

It's not youtube forcing them to sing out of tune is it? A performance that'll be the pinnacle of that day of the festival?

i love blink to the death, but all of the above is seemingly true. Watched a lot of the footage on youtube (and there is quite a bit in proshot, so can't have the argument of it being shitty phone footage). Tom delonge has gone from having the voice of a cat, to singing like he's half way through a good fisting from mike tyson.

Mark was always the talent though (singing wise, obviously travis is a talented drummer).