Biggest surprise of the weekend?

Guest 4AssedMonkey

Nice surprise for me and it's a toss up.

1) The Martin Harley Band (I think they were called) in the Acoustic Tent. They were outstanding, never heard of them, perfectly suited my mood laid on the grass and chilling.

2) Two Door Cinema Club. Unsigned band in the BBC tent and then in the Queens Head. Great songs, great set and strangely whipped the crowd even though they were grumpy teenagers.

You?

I saw your thread title and thought you were going to post more about the mouse circus that you mentioned on the other thread.... What was this? Were they real mice, or people dressed up as mice, or nothing to do with mice at all? :)

PENDULUM!!!!!

I really wasnt expecting it to be good but wanted to be @ the front anyway coz i wants seein any headliners on sat.

OMGGGGGGG WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! im sure the Eavis' are kickin themselves for not havin then headline over FF. like seriously.

Biggest surprise was hearing Man Like Me coming from the Park at 1.30pm on the Friday...kept repeating to Dave...Dave that's live...that's live Dave...to be told...they have lots of remixes...one track later we all bolted to the Park to find we missed the unannounced Man Like Me show in the BBC Introducing tent and they werent playing again!

GUTTED!!!

Also...my nicest surprise was seeing the Stuffies after 15 long years and finding I could rememeber pretty much every word from every tune! Wonderful!!!

Paulo Nutini in Croissant Neuf.

Wandered over there on friday morning, soaking wet feelng sorry for myself. Had tea (in a mug) and homemade cake, saw a bangra band and then stuck around for him as it was too muddy.

He was brilliant, passion, talent and a great voice, I am a new fan :lol:

Really don't like their albums, and still don't after listening to them again, but Pendulum were one of the bands of the weekend, superb live act. Roots Manuva were really good too, was looking forward to them but considering how knackered, hungry and far back I was, I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did!

Edited by howlin_pete