Best Pyramid headliner then?

Guest VCK

Best Pyramid headliner then?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Which headliner put on the best performance?

• Neil Young
    • Bruce Springsteen
    • Blur

I knew it would be Neil Young before the festival, and whilst Blur came mighty close with a truly blinding perfomance from the heart, Neil was always gonna come out on top for me. I watched Young and Blur and gave Bruce a miss 'cos I've heard he's about as good as Dylan on a bad day when it comes to live performances! :angry:

This was my big problem at Glastonbury this year - with so many top class acts on at The Pyramid (Young, Blur, The Specials, Spinal Tap(!), CSN, etc. etc.) and so many top acts on The Other Stage (Franz Ferdinand, Metric, Yeah Yeah Yeah's etc. etc.), it was bloody difficult gettin' around to see all the other madcap bollocks that goes on around the city of Glastonbury! ;)

Still, I reckon I have a good 30 to 40 Glastonbury's in me yet to go figure out the rest of the place... :)

Daniel

Obviously a lot of people on here have seen a lot of great live music over the years and that includes me and The Nurse. We put our heads together and decided we had never seen a better engineered, well paced, well performed, crowd participated or emotionally charged performance than Blur on Sunday. I saw them all and for me Blur were head and shoulders above the other two. That will go down as one of, if not thee best headline slot ever. (until the next one at least!)

I am actually now shitting it for Radiohead in Leeds because I was hoping that would be the best thing I'd ever seen. I think they will be hard pushed to top that though.

Watched all 3 headliners.

I stuck with Neil Young for about an hour. Whilst I could see why people were getting so worked up, I just wasn't feeling it. Watched him play Needle.... then wandered off to Arcadia to rave my tits off!!

Bruce was awesome, not as good as last time I seen him but it was good seeing my mates buzz off him even though they hardly knew any of his stuff. And he played The River and Thunder Road which I'd not seen him play live.

Thought he couldn't be beaten...... boy was I wrong.

I haven't got the vocabulary to articulate how I felt when Blur played. I left school the year Parklife was released and have always been into them. They're like the soundtrack to my life!!

That said, I wasn't expecting much from them, I've never really loved them live, I remember seeing them at Leeds sans Coxon and walking away.

From start to finish they were just immense. She's So High, Jubilee, Tender, Badhead, To The End (sure I had a wee tear in my eye when Damon choked up), This is a Low, For Tomorrow, The Universal.... so many highlights to choose from. I watched it again on BBCi last night. I had goosebumps and my hairs on my arms were standing on end.

Probably the best festival show I've ever seen.

Just to add. Friday we watched The Horrors and then went to Neil but left after one over extended song to many. We went back up to the excellent park for the excellent Animal Collective and were very glad we did! Saturday we stuck with Bruce for as long as we could before heading round to the (largely disappointing on the sound front) Dance Village, came back by the bonkers as ever Jarvis and thoroughly enjoyed the last 40mins of Bruce. But I was rooted to the spot for Blur.

Have I said this before? Sorry if I have but I'm still a bit tweaked !

Bruce just because he f**king delivered IMO, I had a great time and tbh that's what it's all about. Neil Young was also brilliant, Rockin in the Free World was a proper moment for me.

Didn't see Blur so I can't comment on them but they looked very good.

Im a huge Bruce fan, and Bruce was 10x better than when i saw him at emirates last year. His performance was spectacular and ranks as probably my favourite ever gig ive been to. But Blur were definitely in the top 5, and considering before Blur i was in two minds about seeing them and ended up completely blown away, they get my vote.

As the days roll on, how amazing i thought Blur were only increases. Words cannot describe. Bruce i knew would be awesome, and he met every expectation and did not disappoint. Blur just...well...wow. I dont know whether i want to put a band that i've never really been hugely into, as the greatest live thing ive ever seen, but they may just be. (btw...Muse reading 06, Prodigy brixton 05 and ratm at reading 08 are my other three in the top 5. showing how awesome i found those two performances).

Edited by benissright