Best Pyramid headliner then?

Guest VCK

Best Pyramid headliner then?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Which headliner put on the best performance?

• Neil Young
    • Bruce Springsteen
    • Blur

I was impressed with all three, and they put on performances which proved how worthy they were at the top of the bill. But Blur just stood out above every other band I saw that weekend. They were worth the wait from the moment I stepped out of the car in E1 on Wednesday evening to hearing Lot 105 played through the Pyramid Stage's PA. The one song I'd been waiting to hear at Glastonbury was The Universal, and they finished on it!

No prizes for guessing who I went for :lol:

(did seriously love NY though)

I went to all 3 headliners (a first in 7 years).

Neil Young was my favourite (but I was a huge fan already).

I gave Bruce an hour and left wondering what all the fuss was about.

I didn't really want to see Blur, just because it was the 3rd night in a row at the Pyramid but I was so glad I did. I even enjoyed "Tender" and I hate that song.

Nothing will ever cap Roger Walters in 2002 for me as a performance (Except a Floyd reunion next year :blink: ), but I have to say that despite not being a fan before hand Neil Young really did the business. I enjoyed the other two but certainly in the case of BS that was because I was well hammered !

I'm bumping this thread for the benefit of the under-represented Neil Young voters, who I reckon like myself will only just have come back down to earth after THE BEST GLASTO PERFORMANCE EVER , and therefore give them the chance to vote.

Bruce was awesome too, Blur were a serious disappointment to me (I left half way through to watch The Prodigy,so perhaps I missed something?), not half as good as in 98, but I guess about half the audience watching them this year were too young to see them first time around so I'll let them off.