Festival Firsts

Guest Abbathehorse

This was my fourth Glastonbury this year and up there with the best. However despite going a number of times before, there are are a number of things I did for the first time, some good, some bad. What did you do for the first time this year? Mine are as follows:

• Found the tunnel under the railway track :lol:

Went to the kidz field (which looked amazing) :(

Queued to get in, despite leaving at the same time as previous years :D

Spent no time at the Stone Circle :)

Started a mass singalong (to the theme tune to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air) :)

Ate some thai green curry flavour crickets :lol:

Smoked no marijuana at all :lol:

Ran out of beer :O

Finally managed to catch Atilla the Stockbroker :)

Edited by Abbathehorse

I got to the kidz field! was bloody amazing.

but made me miss my daughters too much, so had to leave.

i also spent a good few hours at the stone circle this year, previous years ive either not found it, or spent about 10 mins there.

Edited by Rachie

10th Glasto and finally...

had a massage

found the Dragon

ate a Goan Fish Curry...good but a bit disappointing

saw Micheal Eavis in flesh

Apart from not finding or even looking for the Underground Piano Bar, ticked off everything on my 10th Anniversary To Do list! :lol:

Self catered much more at our encampment thanks to the little toaster gizmo I bought to sit on top of a gas ring. Everyone loved it and we had a toast factory going every morning. Smoked mackerel pate one day, home made marmalade another and one of our gang, aged 59, tried Marmite for the first time in his life and loved it.

24qvdxl.jpg

You are supposed to be able to rest four slices of bread round the sides but we found it worked even better with a fifth resting on the top.

Can't recommend it highly enough.

Edited by grumpyhack

This was my fourth Glastonbury this year and up there with the best. However despite going a number of times before, there are are a number of things I did for the first time, some good, some bad. What did you do for the first time this year? Mine are as follows:

• Found the tunnel under the railway track :)

For the first time:

I also missed the Saturday night headliner... went to Avalon instead.

Partied till dawn at Arcadia... how f**king good were Freeland?

Spent hours in the healing fields.

Didn't visit the dance or John peel tents

Contracted swine flu.

Ate an Oggy and a growler

Actually had two growllers...............

Also didn't destory myself completely on teh Saturday so properly enjoyed the Sunday for once.....

Watched Romanian music videos in a tent near the stone circle follwed by a comedy banjo player at 3/4am monday morning - anyone else go to this tent? Was very trippy!

I managed to finally get into NYC Downlow! My (male) best friend kissed a transvestite on the door and we got in free :D

I also spent an hour of thurday morning at the site dentist which was a first!

I was expecting to have to go off site to get sorted out but they have this mini dental theatre in a field out back of the main medical centre and they fixed me up there :) Dentist Dan was a star!

Edited by Pipine