How long did it take you to get back?

Guest BudBrain

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

left the site at 6.30, got back to Lancashire at 11.30, via Stockport. no problems at that time. even missed the rain.

i'm tired now, but not as bad as i would have been had i had an extra hour or 2 in bed this morning and got stuck in those queues.

Edited by fatyeti24

We left right after Blur and we were in car park E3, we got through E2 and E1 and onto the road leading out in like 5 minutes, and then due to the stooooopid stewards letting EVERY camper van and no cars for about 30 min...it took us about 1 1/2 hrs to get to the A37....

Then we got stuck in the roadworks on the A303 (did nobody check that it was Glasto chuckout time that day???) In the end we stopped and slept in the car for 2 hours in the Solstice Service area....drove home this morning..

Had a fab festival and are now sitting in the garden having a BBQ :(

Got to the car in West 23 at 8.15 and off site at 2.15 (moved 200 yards in first five hours), absolute nightmare, conversation with marshal/steward went like this:

"Don't you think you should be directing and filtering the cars so that we get out in some semblance of order."

"I can only do what I've been instructed to do."

"What have you been instructed to do?"

"Nothing."

I know they are only volunteers but unless they are going to give them some sort of assertiveness training then they may as well have just left us to it.

Woke at 7pm took about 2 hrs to pack. Took ages getting popup tent folded away (bloke in next tent kindly helped) only for some booger on the shuttle bus to nick it!

Walked across site, waited in queue for shuttle bus, got to Bristol by 1pm (roads were really quiet!) and back in Wallasey by 6pm. Trains were pretty quiet.

got up at 8:30 and packed within about half an hour, took about 4 attempts to get my pop up tent sorted. tried to help the two guys who were behind me struggling with theirs by telling them which bits i folded down but they seemed to be having the same issues.

got on a coach at 10, left shortly after and had to stop at services on way back, there was traffic near Stonhenge as there seemed to have been a crash, plus after the half hour wait at fleet services there were 50 mph restrictions on M3 arrived back at victoria embankment and then jumped straight on tube and was home about 3

God, this morning was hideous! Up at 5.30am, packed and in the car by 6.30am - left the site roughly 10.45am due the most incredible shambles in the west car parks. Still don't really know what that was about!

Hit the roadworks on the way to M5 and finally made it home around 3pm :(

Very, very, very tired!

Got to the car in West 23 at 8.15 and off site at 2.15 (moved 200 yards in first five hours), absolute nightmare, conversation with marshal/steward went like this:

"Don't you think you should be directing and filtering the cars so that we get out in some semblance of order."

"I can only do what I've been instructed to do."

"What have you been instructed to do?"

"Nothing."

I know they are only volunteers but unless they are going to give them some sort of assertiveness training then they may as well have just left us to it.

up at 8

packed and in car (West 29) by 9.00

off site by 9.20

back home on the wirral at 3 ,

with about an hours worth of detours in total to drop people off and some queuing for about an hours total (about 30 minutes on a39 somewhere after Street, and where the m5 joins the m6)

Edited by johntrfc

For the first time ever i left on the sunday night this year....

Watched Prodigy and was back at Kidney Mead campsite just after 12, met with rest of group and left campsite at 12.30am - was at car park E3 by 1am - and offsite by 1.05am....got dropped off 3.30am - got in had quick shower and was asleep in bed by 4am :(

as a side note, there were lots of people who were waving all over the M4 - clearly over the limit (when we went past them you could see the Glasto stickers in the windscreen) , not on imo....my mate (who was sober) was getting quite worried that one of them would go into us.

Got to the bus stop at 6.30 this morning to catch the bus to Temple Meads. Bit of a queue but buses were supposed to be every hour.

1 bus turned up between 6.30 and 10.30!!!! :P

Too make it worse the Steward told everyone to push forward (the queue was almost single file with noone pushing) which meant we stood huddled together like cattle for a few hours waiting for the bus.

Tempers started to flair when we kept on getting fobbed off with "6 buses on their way" which changed to "2 buses are on their way"

Eventually 5 buses turned up at 10.30 ish and ended up getting back to Swindon at 14.00!!

Put a bit of a dampener on the weekend and decided that was my last Glastonbury :D (still love the place though)

Packed away stuff at about 6:20am

Got to car at 6:40am.

Sat in West 29 until 9:10am (nothing moving at all)

Spotted unsigned gate, drove through with a few others and was out onto the A361 by 9:40am.

Busy on A39 on approach to M5 but got on to motorway at about 10:40am.

Back in Newcastle at 16:30.

Nearly 10 hours.