How long did it take you to get back?

Guest BudBrain

West 29, we got to the car at about 11, chilled for a little bit while sorting our stuff and scraping the mud off the trainers we wore instead of wellies. Won't be doing that again. We set off at 12 and the kettle at home was boiled and emptied at about 17:30, so not bad, considering the fact that it took us around 13-16 hours to get in on Wednesday.

On Wednesday we set off at just a little before 10:00, and didn't even get our tent out of the car until just before 2 AM! Then there was the trek to the field and the hard brainwork it took working out how far away from the toilets you can be without smelling them much, but also being able to get there in a rush...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West 23 =\ Got there at 7:30am. We couldn’t even move out of the space, so sat there for 30 mins or so, chatted to a few other fellow festival goers who had been waiting for 2 hours and were only a few cars in-front!

We then gave up, left the stuff in the car and went back into the festival and enjoyed the sun and discounts on most of the stalls! 50p bottles of coke/fanta and quality discounted food made it well worth the wait. In-fact it didn’t even feel like we were waiting as so much was open!

We eventually headed back to the car at about 3pm and were back in Bristol by 4:30pm. Although it was only so quick because I knew a quicker route back than the signposted one, as the A37 was ridiculously congested.

got the train.

after very long queues for a bus from castle cary on wednesday (about 2.5 hours), journey home was easy as.

we left site at 5pm monday, got a bus within 10 mins (zero queuing), short wait for a train and then in london paddington about 8.30pm. great stuff.

Trek from camp to car took an hour - our trolley broke on way in - but that's another story.

Left car park E9 around 11.30 - 20 mins to hit the road, caught in traffic after about 25 mins on way to M5 so took backroads courtesy of Mr Tom-Tom. Saw very few cars and loads of beautiful countryside -onto M5 at J23 and back to Cardiff with no hassles.

Very chilled and stress free journey!

:(

"awfulllll. for what reason was that 8am rule?????? no wonder the west carparks fgot backed up 4 hours. dumb decision, whoevers it was!!!!"

think it was the last Glasto rumour! just think our queue of traffic got forgotten about for 4 sodding hours!

Left the campsite at 3pm, started the car engine at 4pm (in West 25) and were on tarmac by 4:15pm. A little congestion in Glastonbury town and then on the A37 as we approached Bristol but we turned into a back road and relied on the SatNav. Back home in Norwich after dropping a few people off on the way at 11:30pm Probably the easiest Glasto exit ever for us. As far as I could tell the organisation in the car parks was much better than in previous years, but by the sounds of others there was still some room for improvement.

Left site at a very busy time, about 3pm. Drove down the blue route and out by 3:45pm, not bad at all.

Then heard about the roadworks on the A303, so took the back route (A361/B3089 or something like that) and joined the A303 at Stonehenge...it was brilliant, just did 60mph the entire way and then onto a dual carriageway.

Mates who went the A303 way took hours and hours to get that far, we were there in no time.

A bit of a trouble coming back, bus trouble, overheating, so had to pull over, mechanic suggested revving it hard to clear a blockage in the cooling system which worked ( so over half an hour impromptu stop in a lay by) traffic and change of drop off point caused problems but back just before 10, to find the lift is knackered (that really peeved me off!). I reckon 3 hours late on reasonable expectations, but its the first time I have had trouble coming back, so fair is fair, must have been my turn to have travel problems. :D

Got a great story for this thread.

Left for the car about 3ish in the afternoon. Out of the car park in about half an hour, not too bad. Stuck on the roads around glastonbury for about an hour, car overheated so had to turn the engine off every now and then.

Then traffic cleared and we got some speed up, searched out a services only to find they had no hot food (we wanted some proper food) so carried on and stopped at tesco (about half 8) guess what cafe shut, got some food anyway and carried on.

On the the m4 and car makes funny noises and all of a sudden stars smoking and loses all power so pull onto hard shoulder.

Try the AA with what little battery we had left on our phones, were on hold with them for about 20 minutes, so decided to trek to the nearest emergency phone. Sorted that out and waited about 2 hours for the AA, who towed us to the services, then we waited anotherhour and half for someone to come and put my car on the back of the truck and drive us 130 miles back to Cambridge,

Arrived back about 3:30am!!!

:D

Edited by hatethisandillloveyou

Took us about 6 1/2 hours to get from car park to home - a journey that would normally take about 3 1/2. Delays getting out of the car park, on A303 and M25 - all with no air conditioning....was a big sweaty mess by the time I got home. Mind you, did stop at Pizza Hut too!

Not sure what the hell was up with the West car parks this year (we were in W25). Always park there and never takes too long to get out but this year they were such a mess. There seemed to be no plan in place at all and the stewards.......either non-existant or utterly useless. One directed us from a queue that was moving to one that didn't move at all because it joined another queue and there was no steward there to make sure that cars were being let out - ridiculous!

Edited by IamChappu

Got to our car in E9 about 9AM, and were out on the road by 10AM or so. If it weren't for the aforementioned roadworks on the A303 we'd have had a fine time of it...

I must admit we had our little portable radio out and tuned to Worthy FM as we walked and they were already saying the West car parks were in trouble by 9AM... rumours that they weren't going to let anyone out till midday.

On another note - the stewards. Someone needs to sit them down and make sure they know the basics.

On the way in - not one steward could tell me which campsites still had space on Thursday afternoon.

On the way out - not one of the stewards in the East car parks or campervan fields could actually direct me to East 9. Is it too much to ask to know the basic geography of the sector you're working?

Parked in E1 - got in the car at 3.30 pm and was probably out of the festival within an hour - got a bit lost and stuck on the A303 outside stonehenge for a while but made it home by 9/10

I was impressed with the stewards in the east car park who actually seem to be doing some kind of traffic control which meant we got out otherwise we would have been trapped,

Got a great story for this thread.

Left for the car about 3ish in the afternoon. Out of the car park in about half an hour, not too bad. Stuck on the roads around glastonbury for about an hour, car overheated so had to turn the engine off every now and then.

Then traffic cleared and we got some speed up, searched out a services only to find they had no hot food (we wanted some proper food) so carried on and stopped at tesco (about half 8) guess what cafe shut, got some food anyway and carried on.

On the the m4 and car makes funny noises and all of a sudden stars smoking and loses all power so pull onto hard shoulder.

Try the AA with what little battery we had left on our phones, were on hold with them for about 20 minutes, so decided to trek to the nearest emergency phone. Sorted that out and waited about 2 hours for the AA, who towed us to the services, then we waited anotherhour and half for someone to come and put my car on the back of the truck and drive us 130 miles back to Cambridge,

Arrived back about 3:30am!!!

;)

Our journey wasn't too bad though it was a long day.

We were meant to be getting a lift into Bristol but due to circumstances had to get the public bus up. Having heard horror stories from friends in the past I was dreading this. However we walked up to the bus point and onto a bus straight away. Had to wait 25 minutes for it to fill up and leave but straight out onto the road and we got to Temple Meads effortlessly. From there we were straight onto the Bristol Flyer and got to the Airport for 2.45pm so took less than 3 hours by public transport from pitch to Airport. No complaints about that! Tried to get on an earlier flight home (ours wasn't until 7.35pm) but it was full so had a lot of hanging about the Airport and then our flight got delayed by another half hour due to the storms in the area. One hour flight back to Glasgow was fine, landed at 9.10pm and I was back into the house for 9.4pm including a stop at the chippy on the way home. The travelling part was fine, just the hanging about that made it a bit of a nightmare.

we were parked in west 23, it took us nearly 5 hours to get out of the carpark. i'm unsure of what time we got up & packed up but i know we were at the car for around 10.30am. the stewards wernt doing anything, they were just sat around in chairs sunbathing it was rediculous. my heart sank when my dad who had been speaking to a lady infront of us said she had already been quing for 4 hours & hadnt moved.

thats the first time we have had a bit of a lie in on a monday, normally we get up at stupid o'clock to get out. we wont be lying in again i know that.

it took us anohter 4hours or more to get home to south yorkshire. i think we arrived back home about 8.30pm-9pm. the first think i did was get in my mums spa bath, it was absolute bliss!

we seem to be lucky with getting off site for last 2 years - probably cos we arrive on Thursday and are in the far west car parks so a long walk

last year we left at 1am-ish - and the queues from the west car parks looked horrendous - itlooked like everyone thought they'd leave at night and it lookd like cars hadn't moved for hours - but we were lucky since we were near the exit in W34 (half an hour ish and we were out)

this year we left at midday-ish on the monday - the far west carparks were quite empty by this time and there was an alternative route out of the car park and no cars whatsoever - straight out. we did get stuck in traffic on A303 though for a couple of hours going back to London