Blur - Absolutely Mindblowing

Guest DeclarationOfWar

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wanted to get to the barrier but there was someone stood in front of me the whole time :lol: .

I started to get a bit messy watching the highlights earlier as well.

On a completely diff note I bought Kafka on the Shore in the airport :P

A-hem... well I'm sure they rather enjoyed it (and knew who he was :lol: )

Had the highlights sitting ready to go since I got in and still haven't quite braved it. Just about to with a cider though... don't fancy my chances this time around...

And ace, you won't regret it :P I need the ones I need to track down again as the driving totally finished off any brain workage...

I've been alternating between having 'Tender' and 'The Universal' running through my head constantly since last night - just lovely...

And he was really sobbing at one point - that was getting me too

Oily Water, Chemical World and Sunday Sunday were fairly turgid I thought, for example. I think Blur have written some amazing stuff, but also some pretty ordinary songs and the gig reflected that IMO. But I know that not many people are going to agree with me here! Which is fine. Plus the atmosphere was great.

Blur absolutely blew me away, it was a perfect setlist. We were about halfway back on the right-hand side, couldn't really get any closer to the front, but even back there everyone was singing every word to every song. Never quite seen a gig like it in my life! And I have to admit, I did shed a few tears during To The End. Wanna see them again now!

This gig was what the whole festival was about for me this year, having never got to see Blur first time round, and being a massive fan, I had hyped it up in my mind so much thhat I didn't think it could possibly live up to my expectations.

I had a lump in my throat from the minute they came on stage and managed to piss off all of my friends at one point or another by making them move out of my way or shut the hell up! It was one of those gigs where I could have been completely on my own and still loved every minute of it. I ended up crying four times; Tender, To the End, End of Century and The Universal all had me blubbing like a little girl, and shared a proper sobbing on each others shoulders moment with my best mater after To the End.

Phil Daniels was awesome, and Damon was a beautiful and brilliant as he always has been, so good to see them all enjoying it so much, even Graham looked almost comfortable, and there was a smile at the end! Also loved Dave the lawyer blowing kisses at the crowd as they went off, and Alex still trying to play the bass and smoke at the same time!

Exceeded every expectation by a mile and was still singing Tender in the shower as I washed away the mud this afternoon. Didn't think it could have been that good, maybe it was alcohol induced? But watched the highlights tonight and it really really was.

Sorry to ramble but I f***ing loved it!!!!

Amazing, just amazing. I only had a couple of beers on Sunday due previous overindulgence but I was floored. Beetlebum was amazing but topped by To The End, Tender (I was in tears when the crowd started singing on their own) and This Is A Low, at the end of which I was just stood, almost unable to clap

agree with everything positive said in this set, didnt think anything could impress me after saturday night (boss) but blur were INCREDIBLE.

TENDER oh my god, i knew it was well known i did not expect it to be the anthem it was. did anyone keep hearing pockets of people singing it on the campsites throughout the night?!?

and the universal is my fav blur song, and one of my top few songs in general ever and i said beforehand "if they end on that it'll be the most epic moment" and it was.

Have to say it was stunning. For me it rates up there with REM in 2003 as the best Pyramid headliner I've seen. After the huge disappointment of The Who two years ago it was good to see a band clearly determined to give the fans what they want, a true festival set.

My personal highlight of the gig had nothing to do with the band at all - it was going wild with the Irish chap I was stood next to, who seemed amazed at how many of the words I knew (though I wouldn't profess to be the most fanatical Blurite in the world), and who gave me a free CD of his own stuff. We had some good harmonies going through Tender (well, they sounded alright to me).

However, the performance of To The End was gorgeous, Parklife a treat and I was pogoing like a loon to Popscene and Song 2. The final singalong to The Universal couldn't have been bettered as a festival closer.

If they never play live again I wouldn't mind, and if they did I probably wouldn't go and see them as I doubt they could top that (it was certainly better than when I saw them at the NEC on the eponymous album tour). Mind you, I said that about REM....

Absolutly stunning, can't stop watching it back on iplayer. Personally, I love Think Tank, like a handful of other hits and not too bothered about the rest and I think out of the 5 of us who went I probably liked them the best. But everyone went away estactic after that gig, one of the best gigs of my life. Still don;t like a lot of the songs in the setlist (Country House is just a shit song, perisod) but even those songs live had me going. Was a point during Universal where I though I might cry, but I'm far too manly for that sort of thing.

Did anyone who was there actually NOT enjoy Blur? The Springsteen thread has a lot of people who didn't enjoy it, yet not one hater so far in here. While theres no doubt someone didn't like it, maybe it was one of those gigs and one of those atmospheres you can't help get caught up in.

Did anyone who was there actually NOT enjoy Blur? The Springsteen thread has a lot of people who didn't enjoy it, yet not one hater so far in here. While theres no doubt someone didn't like it, maybe it was one of those gigs and one of those atmospheres you can't help get caught up in.