OK. So we are excited...

Guest Rufus Gwertigan

I've gone all tingley

Glad I'm not the only over excited one ... feel like a kid in a sweet shop because finally after 14 (I think) years of going to V and wishing I'd gone to Glastonbury, and watching in envy on the TV every year, and because I promised myself I would go to Glasto before I was 40 in less than 2 weeks I will be there , smelling, seeing and breathing Glastonbury in all its glory that I've heard so much about

I don;t care who I see, I probably have 3 or 4 bands I 'must' see all weekend, after that I'm just going to see where it takes me ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gone all tingley

Glad I'm not the only over excited one ... feel like a kid in a sweet shop because finally after 14 (I think) years of going to V and wishing I'd gone to Glastonbury, and watching in envy on the TV every year, and because I promised myself I would go to Glasto before I was 40 in less than 2 weeks I will be there , smelling, seeing and breathing Glastonbury in all its glory that I've heard so much about

I don;t care who I see, I probably have 3 or 4 bands I 'must' see all weekend, after that I'm just going to see where it takes me ;)

Illogically excited here too. I always get excited during the build up, but this time the feeling has started early and I can't concentrate at all.

Packed up our camping gear tonight as we are lucky enough to be working this year and our tent and stuff starts its journey tomorrow, so we only need to take a rucksack each a week on Tuesday. How the hell am I supposed to kill that amount of time? I'll go blind it I just sit here on the forums listening to Neil Young/Bruce/Emmy The Great/Gaslight Anthem/Blur/Spotify lists.

Have been going since 1995 (give or take a couple) & I still get so over-excited that I bore everyone with my talk of Glastonbury and spend my whole time on the internet reading about it! I am just so so very excited indeed!

See you all in less than 2 weeks! :D

Ive just been on a 3 week family holiday driving to Spain, and all I could think about was Glastonbury!!!

My 4th Glastonbury. there for the 2005 and 2007 monsoons and when 2008 started with a good peeing down on Thursday night I expected the worst....

BUT....MY GOD, how good is Glastonbury when it doesnt rain?!?!?!?! It was just as near perfect as you could get

This excitement is down to the well documented and researched, "Glastonbury Effect", where an almost immesurable release of energy occurs once a year centred around a particular field in Somerset, England.

Its nearly time for our annual pilgrimage . . . .

Excited? Excited? I have the feeling people are starting to dislike me because of this!!!!

I am 33 year old bloke, having a really crap time in life in general and this week is going to be my "brain out" week where I leave all my worries and troubles at home and just chill, enjoy, sing, bounce, fall over and more that anything else smile until my face hurts. (I am smiling like a madman right now).

I have been to a few festivals but nothing quite matches Glasto and this is my first. I am a little anxious about the size of everything but have now settled on the mindest of seeing a group of bands that have big meaning to me and the rest will just happen.

Hoping to catch up with some e-fest people at some of the meets so if you see a big shaven headed scouser looking something like the Joker (but not so scary) then say hello!

I am supposed to be grown up and sensible by now......

Andy

Rufus - I think this is just great :D

I am 39 - does this mean I should be old enough to know better? Who gives a stuff !! :D:D:D I will be 40 in September and this year's Glasto is a mini birthday-party weekend for me. Two of my friends that are coming are getting married in mid-Sept so it's a celebration for us all :)

Stuff like this is so life-affirming - can't believe that I waited till last year to pop my Glasto cherry. And who wants to be sensible all the time anyway - bring on the fun, silliness and happy times with friends :)

Excited? Excited? I have the feeling people are starting to dislike me because of this!!!!

I am 33 year old bloke, having a really crap time in life in general and this week is going to be my "brain out" week where I leave all my worries and troubles at home and just chill, enjoy, sing, bounce, fall over and more that anything else smile until my face hurts. (I am smiling like a madman right now).

I have been to a few festivals but nothing quite matches Glasto and this is my first. I am a little anxious about the size of everything but have now settled on the mindest of seeing a group of bands that have big meaning to me and the rest will just happen.

Hoping to catch up with some e-fest people at some of the meets so if you see a big shaven headed scouser looking something like the Joker (but not so scary) then say hello!

I am supposed to be grown up and sensible by now......

Andy

WOOOO!!!! I have got goosebumps reading this!!! This is my 3rd year and I get more excited every year. I'm really excited for all the first-timers 'cos I just know you are gonna love it!!!

I am only 24 and I hope to be still going when I have a bus pass!! Last year me and my friend met an older couple in Jazzworld who were there for their first time - they were in their 60's and were holding hands and having a little dance!!! They were amazing - Proof that Glasto is for everyone!!

Much love - see you there!!! :D

39, 40, 41 year olds - Glast is attracting a younger crowd hehe!

Posted elsewhere about this - apologies but it fits here too. 2nd Glasto and at 42 I have the same feeling I did on Christmas eve when I was 10. Difference is I have had over 300 nights like this since I left last year and instead of a bike I only now need the company of friends, some good music and a drink or three....

For 360 days a year I have to be a business man, home owner, bill payer, father, sensible and sound. But for 5 days I just get to be at Glastonbury!

Never grow up - it ain't all it's cracked up to be....

By the way, what the hell is up with all these people going to V? Branson may have many a thing right, but his festivals are certainly not one of them!

Glasto is the Mecca for us festival goers! Will be shrining it up with our theme of 'Victorian Rave Foppery' so if you see a lot of people dressed in victorian get up with lots of neon, glowsticks and a strobe in a birdcage, give us a Rave...or a wave...whichever you feel like! :P