band regrets

Guest spudzzz

Love With Arthur Lee. Could have seen them at Glasto as well FFS. Found a ticket from 4 years ago in the basement of Manchester Student Union and nabbed it. Regretfully.

Regret leaving Yes at Glasto 2003 too, as I now love them.

2 acts that were more out of my control.

1. ray charles, had a ticket for a hammersmith apollo gig that he cancelled as injured his shoulder or something. died the next year. :)

2. daft punk; had a ticket for amsterdam in 2007. was meant to finish off an awesome two and a half weeks; monday - pearl jam (wembley), tuesday - smashing pumpkins (shepherds bush), wednesday to monday (glastonbury), tuesday to wednesday (couple days in brussels), thursday to monday (rock werchter), tuesday - thursday (amsterdam with daft punk on the wednesday)...unfortunately my nan passed on, so had to cancel amsterdam and come back for the funeral......inconsiderate woman, she could have waited a couple days :):)

I'm hoping there'll be another chance for the daft punk but they're the kind of band who seem to only tour once every 5 or 6 years and not seen them before, and in amsterdam would've been brilliant.

spudz...I'd be gutted if I missed zappa. :)

Queen, closest I got was the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert at Wembley. Still gutted to this day.

At Glasto when there is a conflict of interest we try to decide along the lines of who will be back and who might not be, based on age!

Blur.

After that, the only ones left on the "wish I'd seen" list will be acts that stopped playing before I was really old enough to start going to gigs.. And even many of them are gradually reforming and/or announcing new tours. So yeah, it'll be a nice way to see out the festival..

Elliot Smith at Glasto 2003? Drank too much Pear Cider and passed out at the Jazz stage during Horace Andy, by the time I woke up it was too late to get over to the acoustic stage. Idiot! Never saw him and as we know he died not so long after that.

The Libertines, I missed their first US tour by a year or two because I wasn't turned on to British music yet. The second US tour was sans Pete, so it doesn't really count, and after that they broke up. Carl's played about 4 dates with Dirty Pretty Things here, I saw one of them, but I was never the biggest DPT fan, so it's not the same at all. Pete hasn't been allowed in the country for years, so that was a no go as well. Thankfully I got to see him once when I was in London and my flight was canceled the same night he announced a secret gig. Still, to have seen them all together before everything got crazy would have been great, it'll never be the same again.

Other than that, I've been really lucky about getting to see nearly every gig I want to, and with the exception of Kasabian, Maximo Park, and Blur I've seen every band that I really have desire to see (that aren't dead or long over with)...and those three shall be remedied this year for sure. Manic Street Preachers are another story, as they don't do US tours...but I'm hoping I can catch them in the UK sometime in the future.

I'm a little too young to have been able to make it to most of the tours I would have really loved to have seen (Pulp, Blur back in the day, Stone Roses, The Clash, etc), so I can't beat myself about them too much.

Amy Winehouse. Only within the last year or so got into her loads but I dont think I'd watch her now as she's never gonna be the same and my opinion would no doubt be shattered if she was a shambles live.

Smashing Pumpkins @ Leeds 07. Was mildly into them but really wanted to see them regardless, unforeseen circumstances due to someone I know falling ill at the festival meant I missed them.

Also, Nine Inch Nails I seen the start of the set but didn't stay.

Im gutted because both of the above are now 2 of my favourite bands.

I turned down a Radiohead ticket when I was 17 because I was all about the ROCK and my then girlfriend wanted me to take her to see Scary Movie at the cinema

facepalm.jpeg

I was looking through the old Glasto lineups the other day, and say in 2007 I missed MIA!

Then I realised it was because I was watching Arcade Fire, and it was alright again