Radiohead Fri Pyramid.... 4th headliner?

Guest Limpet

the only rumour going round is Reading wanted Radiohead but no deal was agreed

but that they are still keen on headlining somewhere

and it wont be IOW or V so.....

Green DAy, Kol and Artics for Reading is a very homogenous set of headliners

but would appeal more than Bruce and Neil for the non octogenarians

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a couple of rumours flying around that Radiohead are headlining the Fri night and Neil Young has been moved to play before Springsteen on the Saturday. Apparently they were in advanced stages to headline a rival festival but it fell through at a late stage. They are keen to do something special after the success of last summers outdoor gigs...... Glastonbury maybe?

Would be good, they were absolutely amazing last time I saw them there, and I know the Eavis's are keen to get them again.

Word I've had is that Radiohead themselves asked to headline Reading/Leeds, and things were getting sorted for that, then Radiohead turned around and said they didn't want to do it after all .....

There's surely a reason for their change of mind, tho no one seems to know what it is; it's crossed my mind that they've chosen to play somewhere else.

However, for them to be playing Glasto will have needed a turn around there too. They certainly weren't going to be playing, so if they now suddenly are then I strongly suspect it's because there's someone on the bill that they want to play alongside. Which would make them more likely to play before Bruce on the Saturday than to do a swap around with Neil Young, surely?

I think Radiohead might choose Glastonbury for environmental reasons. Still think Depeche Mode could en would be a terrific fourth. No dates in their schedule on the friday. Would be classic, and, I think they never played Glasto.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=ncvx8OVWaqg

I've heard whispers that Depeche Mode might well be one of the headliners for Wireless, tho the last I heard there were issues about Mode committing to it.

I think Radiohead might choose Glastonbury for environmental reasons. Still think Depeche Mode could en would be a terrific fourth. No dates in their schedule on the friday. Would be classic, and, I think they never played Glasto.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=ncvx8OVWaqg

May I be the first to say Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good Radiohead bad Radiohead good

I've seen a couple of rumours flying around that Radiohead are headlining the Fri night and Neil Young has been moved to play before Springsteen on the Saturday. Apparently they were in advanced stages to headline a rival festival but it fell through at a late stage. They are keen to do something special after the success of last summers outdoor gigs...... Glastonbury maybe?

Would be good, they were absolutely amazing last time I saw them there, and I know the Eavis's are keen to get them again.

I'm amazed (and slightly concerned) that we haven't seen JameSemajj in this thread yet, hope he's ok!

Word I've had is that Radiohead themselves asked to headline Reading/Leeds, and things were getting sorted for that, then Radiohead turned around and said they didn't want to do it after all .....

There's surely a reason for their change of mind, tho no one seems to know what it is; it's crossed my mind that they've chosen to play somewhere else.

However, for them to be playing Glasto will have needed a turn around there too. They certainly weren't going to be playing, so if they now suddenly are then I strongly suspect it's because there's someone on the bill that they want to play alongside. Which would make them more likely to play before Bruce on the Saturday than to do a swap around with Neil Young, surely?

Well Michael Eavis said he had 4 possible headliners ages ago so I'd expect them to be the same 4.

When you say that originally they weren't playing, is that a guess or did you have a source saying they weren't playing?

the 4 headliners thing is fairly recent(ish). The 4 headliners thing has come along after Radiohead apparently backed out of doing Reading/Leeds.

When I originally said they weren't playing I had an excellent source for that. I don't have any source for what the situation might be now.

the 4 headliners thing is fairly recent(ish). The 4 headliners thing has come along after Radiohead apparently backed out of doing Reading/Leeds.

When I originally said they weren't playing I had an excellent source for that. I don't have any source for what the situation might be now.

Lets hope youre original info is correct then.

The thought of this head wobbling gobshite whining away on the Pyramid Stage (as a headliner) is very sad.

yorke1.jpg