Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really starting to love Matt Smith and his take on the Doctor,as the series has progressed you can really see his mannerisms and quirks which stand him apart from Tennant.

My only complaint is I think the writing is a little obvious and not as subtle as the RTD era.

i think this is the best series since series 2.

i've made sure i've caught up with any episodes i've missed this year - with series' 3 & 4 i wasn't so bothered.

Season 16 is the best. By a long way, I reckon. Baker was the best Theta Sigma.

Edited by sifimaster

the money's just not there in TV any more, they've got to diversify to survive.

there's plenty of money in live performance, just ask anyone in the music industry... it used to be you played gigs to promote albums, now you release albums to get people to come to gigs.

Edited by pezzypops

All episode titles now on official site:

Episode Nine: Cold Blood

Written by Chris Chibnall

Episode Ten: Vincent and the Doctor

Written by Richard Curtis

Episode Eleven: The Lodger

Written by Gareth Roberts

Episode Twelve: The Pandorica Opens

Written by Steven Moffat

Episode Thirteen: The Big Bang

Written by Steven Moffat

And I know it's not a secret but this - http://twitpic.com/1peq82 - just makes it even more official and awesome.

Just watched Saturday's episode - wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. VERY pleased with the whole Amy/Rory conclusion, and a bit relieved. Rory's character much improved as well.

Personally, this season has been the best since the show returned. Probably one of the best seasons since The Key To Time.

On a side note, on the way home from Cornwall today, I watched Genesis of the Daleks in it's entirety on my iPod. And loved it more than ever, for some inexplicable reason. Quite REMARKABLE television.

I am no expert but the race featured in tonights episode have been seen before in the old days of Who. Artemis Fowl was a very far away concept in the Pertwee years that's for sure.

I was trying to figure out which Who Matt Smith was playing in tonights show. Elements of T Baker with Troughton and a teeny bit of Pertwee thrown in for good measure.

I enjoyed Part 1 a lot but hope a lot more will happen in the 2nd show. And perhaps a better explanation quite WHY Meera Syal and friends were randomly drilling away in the Welsh countryside in 2020!

One things for sure, I am VERY glad I am 32 and not 7 or 8 years old cos this whole series is f**king scary. I know I would be quite scarred for life if this was my first Dr Who series I had ever watched. The Sylvester McCoy years were the most memorable for me from my formative years...and I still can't look Bertie Bassett in the face!

I am no expert but the race featured in tonights episode have been seen before in the old days of Who.

Yup - Dr Who and the Silurians in the Pertwee years, and Warriors of the Deep in the Davison era.

Enjoyed tonights - it was very Pertwee-esque. Good fun. The updated Silurians look terrific.

Such a poor episode. Pretty much nothing exciting happened. Smith and Pond were as excellent as always, but everyone else, Myra Syal in particular, were pretty awful. Methinks they needed to do this ep on the cheap and save a bit of money for the finale.

The only interesting bit in the episode was the 'future Amy and Rory' standing on the hill waving. Clearly some time shenanigans going to be going on at somepoint.

I really enjoyed the episode. I liked the slower pace, and this series has been beautifully shot so far but this episode had some truly fantastic camera work.

I thought the RTD Dr Who tried to be too action-orientated which gave it this CBBC feel where the characters were always running about and blowing everything out of all proportion. This new Doctor Who seems to have struck a balance between the older and newer. I always thought of the RTD series as a bit of a rough diamond, with glimpses of genius but there'd always be something frothy and silly, or lame, to spoil slightly it. I don't get that from these new ones - it's consistently great, and the series as a whole has been paced brilliantly.

This new Matt Smith Doctor has the tone just right, with all the campy crap reigned in but with none of the quirky oddness being removed. I could easily just watch him act alone in a box for an hour. I think he's f*cking great.

Edited by Purple Monkey

I really enjoyed the episode. I liked the slower pace, and this series has been beautifully shot so far but this episode had some truly fantastic camera work.

I thought the RTD Dr Who tried to be too action-orientated which gave it this CBBC feel where the characters were always running about and blowing everything out of all proportion. This new Doctor Who seems to have struck a balance between the older and newer. I always thought of the RTD series as a bit of a rough diamond, with glimpses of genius but there'd always be something frothy and silly, or lame, to spoil slightly it. I don't get that from these new ones - it's consistently great, and the series as a whole has been paced brilliantly.

This new Matt Smith Doctor has the tone just right, with all the campy crap reigned in but with none of the quirky oddness being removed. I could easily just watch him act alone in a box for an hour. I think he's f*cking great.

Agree with all of that.

On second viewing, the similarities to the Pertwee years is interesting:

• Silurians (The Silurians)
  • Welsh Mining Village (The Green Death)
  • Quaint village church (The Daemons)

I think Matt Smith has easily surpassed Tennant, and is rapidly catching Ecclestone. He's superb.