Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

precisely...

There is a big theory on the doctor who forums that

When the Doctor came back to Amy when her eyes were shut in the forest and held her hand, head on her head etc he was in fact Doctor from the future. He didn't have his jacket on when he left, then he did for that one scene, then he didn't again in the next one. Also possibly wearing a different watch? People are linking it to the shadow in 11th hour, and the light being turned on annoying the guard in VOTD. So maybe at some point in the future (finale?) he has to go back and tinker with things?

Also, so River kills the Doctor then???

Thoughts?

Yes ..That, that quote was actually left for someone else..but you have answered. :P ..ta for the info tho. :P .I actually thought that of River too.The watch i never noticed,I'd had a few shandys by then :P

Next week looks good!

Edited by sums98

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I should probably add...

That was absolutely amazing. Loved it.

LOVED the moving angels. I was worried that if we saw them moving they might lose their scare factor. I was wrong!

But did you prefer that one, or the angels 1st time around?I thought it was scarier when it showed them around "earth". :P

I can safely say that for the first time since erm...shall we say the Bertie Bassett episodes of the McCoy era how ever many years/decades ago that was...I actually squealed very very loudly when the angels started moving! Even hid behind my hands as if I was 8 :P

Proper behind the sofa episode that one. Not happened any other time to me since NewWho began. Very pleased indeed.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

BUT I am getting f**ked off with the Doctor ALWAYS getting a snog of some sort with his assistant. The River Song thing is one thing, but we saw it with Rose and we saw it with Martha. ENOUGH!!

It wasn't enough to ruin a quite fantastic double header, I loved the way the 'crack in the wall' was part of the plot, as it ran the risk of going through the series with a hint to the crack which would have become boring.

The River Song story arc is also a belter, and I reckon

the finale to this series will be River 'killing' the Doctor as hinted. Not that she will really, of course.

Some of the vampires in next week's episode look FIT by the way.

"Do you this man?"

"I absolutely trust him"

"He's not some kind of madman then?"

"I absolutely trust him!"

"River Song, I could bloody kiss you"

"Maybe when you're older"

"...about who I want. know what I mean"

"Year."

"No."

"About who I want"

"Oh right yeah."

"No, still not getting it".

Some great dialogue in this episode.

Thought process...clunk click whirr...

26 06 2010...

that is a Saturday...whilst we are mostly at Glasto obviously. Does this date mean that there are plans afoot to be airing the show on the same date too?

13 episodes from April 5th or whenever it started makes Dr Who in theory finishing the weekend before Glasto which previously meant we were all whooping gleefully.

BUT...does this potentially mean that we will be missing a week somewhere between episode 1 - 13...oh eck...

clunk click whirr...I think I know when this potential gap in time might actually happen...

and it involves the Irish Cockwomble...again the little smeggy c word ruins Dr Who for us all! :P

Eurovision!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It makes sense...it would be on in about 4 or 5 weeks time yes? And would certainly have the clout to shift stuff from the schedules including Dr Who.

I am more pissed off about potentially missing the last episode and not being able to banter about it before Glasto. Feck feck feckitty feck.

:P

Thought process...clunk click whirr...

26 06 2010...

that is a Saturday...whilst we are mostly at Glasto obviously. Does this date mean that there are plans afoot to be airing the show on the same date too?

13 episodes from April 5th or whenever it started makes Dr Who in theory finishing the weekend before Glasto which previously meant we were all whooping gleefully.

BUT...does this potentially mean that we will be missing a week somewhere between episode 1 - 13...oh eck...

clunk click whirr...I think I know when this potential gap in time might actually happen...

and it involves the Irish Cockwomble...again the little smeggy c word ruins Dr Who for us all! :P

Eurovision!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It makes sense...it would be on in about 4 or 5 weeks time yes? And would certainly have the clout to shift stuff from the schedules including Dr Who.

I am more pissed off about potentially missing the last episode and not being able to banter about it before Glasto. Feck feck feckitty feck.

:P

But on the other hand.... What better programme to curl up on your sofa with after the sadness of leaving the best place on Earth.

Eurovision better not clash with Doctor Who. I have a feeling LusciousLucy is right. Dammit! The ONLY f*cking thing worth watching on a Saturday better not get bumped off for that shite.

Seriously, that's like looking forward to ice cream every Saturday only to have it replaced with dog shit gatteau and a swift kick to the bojangles.

After Graham Norton doing a jig on Matt Smith's face last week, they really need to stop having Doctor Who getting mucked about by programmes for the mentally incompetant.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Given the time Doctor Who is shown, it shouldn't be affected by the Eurovision as that doesn't normally start till around 8pm (yes I'm one of the mentally incompetents that watch it! :P ). So don't see why they wouldn't show Doctor Who as normal - though the BBC don't always show sense!

Also have just checked & I make it that the 13th episode would be shown on the 26th June without any weeks needing to be missed (it started on the 3rd April)....though maths never was my strong point so I wouldn't take my word for it...... :P

If anybody doesn't know already, tickets for the Proms have gone on sale today. This includes 2 Dr Who proms, 24th & 25th July. From what I've heard tickets are pretty reasonably priced for the RAH, but the site makes seetickets look competent, it just can't cope with the numbers. A nice queue system tells you you're in position 3985 and updates every now and again to count you down/in. Naturally I stepped away from my pc for 5 minutes (after a couple of hours) and came back to find I'd missed my chance. Good luck.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

BUT I am getting f**ked off with the Doctor ALWAYS getting a snog of some sort with his assistant. The River Song thing is one thing, but we saw it with Rose and we saw it with Martha. ENOUGH!!

It wasn't enough to ruin a quite fantastic double header, I loved the way the 'crack in the wall' was part of the plot, as it ran the risk of going through the series with a hint to the crack which would have become boring.

The River Song story arc is also a belter, and I reckon

the finale to this series will be River 'killing' the Doctor as hinted. Not that she will really, of course.

Some of the vampires in next week's episode look FIT by the way.

WHY SPOILER SOMETHING THAT HASN'T ALREADY HAPPENED?!!?!?!

"From my my perspective, it is hinted that River Song kills the Doctor."

Damn you Whovian geeks and your silly spoilering.

WHY SPOILER SOMETHING THAT HASN'T ALREADY HAPPENED?!!?!?!

"From my my perspective, it is hinted that River Song kills the Doctor."

Damn you Whovian geeks and your silly spoilering.

Because some people might not want to know about any potential plot developments, guess-work or not? :P

If anybody doesn't know already, tickets for the Proms have gone on sale today. This includes 2 Dr Who proms, 24th & 25th July. From what I've heard tickets are pretty reasonably priced for the RAH, but the site makes seetickets look competent, it just can't cope with the numbers. A nice queue system tells you you're in position 3985 and updates every now and again to count you down/in. Naturally I stepped away from my pc for 5 minutes (after a couple of hours) and came back to find I'd missed my chance. Good luck.

Sold out. Arse biscuits.

for any of you geeks out there, graham norton apologised for the wee advert that went across the screen, and he admitted that it was really annoying. they then made a new one that had a dalex shooting and killing him.

plus the hot invernesian was a guest! :P

I reckon the "time can be re-written/unwritten" thing will lead to River about to "kill" the Doctor, but some sort of wacky plot contrivance will mean he can stop it from happening at the last second and re-write it so that she doesn't kill him, maybe she kills someone else.

Now I think about it, this same plot contrivance can be seen in the Red Dwarf episode "Cassandra" where Rimmer escapes his predicted-but-assumed death by worming his way around the facts and circumstances that he already knows have already occurred in the future, dodging his bullet, so that someone else bites it instead of him. I don't think The Doctor would intentionally put someone else in harms way to save his own skin so I think there must be some sort of intervention if this theory is true. I think it will be insinuated that The Doctor will be killed by River, but the "great man" will actually be someone else.

Or, maybe River doesn't kill the Doctor at all, but it's assumed she has done something to him which people witnessing the act would likely believe to be murder? Could something happen to The Doctor that makes people think he's dead, but he isn't? Could The Doc and River be forced to fake The Doctors death for some sort of contrived reason? Could River just get blamed for The Doctor's sudden dissapearance at some point and people think she's murderred him?

River clearly hasn't done anything evil to The Doctor out of malice, nor does she ever seem remorseful for what she's done, and she loves the Doctor, but she holds a lot of contempt for him, which makes me believe it's entirely The Doctor's fault that she's stuck in prison. I think The Doctor made her do whatever she did that got her arrested. It would explain her character and the way she acts in the last two episodes. She clearly views the Doctor as an incredible man, but you also get the feeling she thinks he's a bit of dick sometimes. :P

Edited by Purple Monkey

I reckon the "time can be re-written/unwritten" thing will lead to River about to "kill" the Doctor, but some sort of wacky plot contrivance will mean he can stop it from happening at the last second and re-write it so that she doesn't kill him, maybe she kills someone else.

For some reason that part made me think of Star Trek. "Lets change the timeline and rehash a tired old has been and try to make it exciting the umpteenth time around, with added Daleks" type of thing.

well that was OK...

but next week's looks like a belter!

Summed that up perfectly. Next week's preview reminded me of Human Nature. Which is a good thing. It looks incredible.

Rory is a bit f**king dull, isn't he? Which I suppose makes sense - why else would Amy leave him to go travelling with the Doctor?

And that blond vampire wench was FIT.

Summed that up perfectly. Next week's preview reminded me of Human Nature. Which is a good thing. It looks incredible.

Rory is a bit f**king dull, isn't he? Which I suppose makes sense - why else would Amy leave him to go travelling with the Doctor?

And that blond vampire wench was FIT.

agreed.

there's absolutely no chemistry between the actors playing rory and amy.

also... the doctor saved the day by finding the off switch?

and what happened to the tsunami he said was heading toward the city caused by the earthquake? the off switch stopped that too?

Edited by pezzypops

agreed.

there's absolutely no chemistry between the actors playing rory and amy.

also... the doctor saved the day by finding the off switch?

and what happened to the tsunami he said was heading toward the city caused by the earthquake? the off switch stopped that too?

Yeah - good point. Wasn't the best episode. Loved the setting though - it helped having played Assassins Creed 2 recently!!

I am looking forward to seeing what they do with Rory's character, and I will wait a few more episodes to see if the Rory/Amy chemistry is done correctly showing they're not right for each other, or if the guy playing Rory is just shit. Or both. Not convinced either way yet.

I'm more and more impressed with Matt Smith as the weeks go on though. He's terrific.