Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

The Beeb has got into a lot of shit for the Graham Norton trailer by the way. Apparently thousands of people got in contact to shout quite a lot at the corporation for their misguided use of cartoons of twats promoting yet another karaoke contest in the name of showbiz

glad its not just me then.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note, did anyone catch the cameo?

Spot the musician:

Matt Smith ... The Doctor

Karen Gillan ... Amy Pond

Alex Kingston ... River Song

rest of cast listed alphabetically:

David Atkins ... Bob

Simon Dutton ... Alistair

Troy Glasgow ... Cleric Angelo

Iain Glen ... Father Octavian

Louisa Lytton ... Jessica Paige

Marie McGonigle ... Weeping Angel

Mark Monero ... Cleric Pedro

Darren Morfitt ... Cleric Marco

Caroline Royce ... Weeping Angel

George Russo ... Cleric Philip

Mike Skinner ... Security Guard

Mark Springer ... Cleric Christian

Has it come to this indeed.

Yup. Fortunately, it improved from that point!! Not that it could have got any worse. They should have had the Graham Norton trailer at the start of the programme....

Surely the timing of it was the problem.

No, the fact it was there at all was the problem. There is absolutely no need for it. We know that joke of a show is on afterwards. We're told before Dr Who, and when the f**king credits are rolling. We don't need to know via a stupid graphic about 20 seconds before the credits are rolling.

They should play Dr Who from start til finish (and the finish being the end of the credits and the trailer for next week's episode) before championing their complete shite that happens to follow the show.

It really, really pisses me off when they do it.

Spot the musician:

Has it come to this indeed.

I thought he was fine. No worse than your average extra-with-a-line bod certainly. And if somebody's got a passion for the programme and is prepared to pop up in an episode for no cost then why not? I'd do it. At least it wasn't some cheesy boy band shite. Although that did happen in one of the last series didn't it. Hmm.

My one gripe at the moment would be that Amy seems to know the Doctor too well for only having known him a short space of time. I know she met him along time ago in her past but they are only now getting to know each other and she is saying things like, 'you never do that.' How does she know what he never does?

Other than that am loving it, the Weeping Angels are such a fantastic scary enemy. River Song is brilliant too, looking forward to her character developing.

Just rewatching the first part of this story, can't wait for Saturday!

Edited by themuel

No, the fact it was there at all was the problem. There is absolutely no need for it. We know that joke of a show is on afterwards. We're told before Dr Who, and when the f**king credits are rolling. We don't need to know via a stupid graphic about 20 seconds before the credits are rolling.

They should play Dr Who from start til finish (and the finish being the end of the credits and the trailer for next week's episode) before championing their complete shite that happens to follow the show.

It really, really pisses me off when they do it.

Nah don't over-react, they do it in loads of programmes. Makes sense as well if someone's tuned in after the programme starts to let them know that programmes on after.

Dr Who is a popular show and so is Norton's. You'll find they seek/are watched by a lot of the same audience.

Nah don't over-react, they do it in loads of programmes. Makes sense as well if someone's tuned in after the programme starts to let them know that programmes on after.

Dr Who is a popular show and so is Norton's. You'll find they seek/are watched by a lot of the same audience.

Maybe I just don't watch enough stuff on BBC then.

There's absolutely no need for it. Why is that an overreaction when it's plugged before the show and during the bloody credits of the show? Why put a stupid graphic up less than a minute before then have a trailer which spoil the end credits anyway?

If people need to be reminded that a banal, shite programme is on after Dr Who after being told before Dr Who, and then again during the end credits of Dr Who, then they should be put down. They are of no use to society.

I hate musicals and I hate reality tv. And I hate Graham f**king Norton.

I thought he was fine. No worse than your average extra-with-a-line bod certainly. And if somebody's got a passion for the programme and is prepared to pop up in an episode for no cost then why not? I'd do it. At least it wasn't some cheesy boy band shite. Although that did happen in one of the last series didn't it. Hmm.

was that mike skinner? :P i didn't clock him, i'll have to watch it again.

yeah it was well done, obviously just a fan who's lucky enough to be in a position where he can get a cameo (like ian brown in that harry potter film, the camera just pans past him reading a book in a pub) and not a cross-media-plug for a new album or whatever.

Note to all of you...watch it on the IPlayer and no Graham Norton appears :P

the thing is, i've been unable to catch it live on proper telly so far this series, i've had to watch every episode on iplayer but this week i made sure i was in as i wanted to see it on a big screen and not my 13" laptop.

might as well just stick to iplayer :P

Edited by pezzypops

Tbh, I totally forgot Who was on. For some reason I had it in my head it was on at 7.20pm not 6.20 and was getting ready to go out instead.

Hopefully my net connection will have got better cos I havent been able to re-watch the episode since Sunday afternoon...I wanted to watch it again in the evening.

And when did Confidential suddenly become 45 minutes long??? I was 20 mins into the show and realised hold on a sec this should have finished 10 mins ago already!

Tbh, I totally forgot Who was on. For some reason I had it in my head it was on at 7.20pm not 6.20 and was getting ready to go out instead.

Hopefully my net connection will have got better cos I havent been able to re-watch the episode since Sunday afternoon...I wanted to watch it again in the evening.

And when did Confidential suddenly become 45 minutes long??? I was 20 mins into the show and realised hold on a sec this should have finished 10 mins ago already!

It's always been 45 mins long. Except the DVDs which have 'confidential cut down' - they're about 30 mins each.

What are the 10 minute shows then? I have never seen a 45 minute show. Glad I know they exist now though...although I did miss supporting shows 1 and 2. They dont seem to be on series catch up in IPlayer.

A cracking little interview with Moffat here:

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/features/...-doctor-who.php

Best bits:

GB: [Referring to River Song]Are we ever gonna see that initial meeting?

SM: We're gonna, we're gonna do the whole story, yeah. As will be clear by the end of this season, we're gonna deliver on it. We're not gonna leave that as an enigma forever. There's gonna be an answer, just not yet.

And a bit later:

Genevieve Blaber: Speaking of particular times, what time is Amy Pond from?

Steven Moffat: That's a very difficult question, isn't it?

GB: Yes, because we do kinda get some hints of some... anachronistic elements in her town.

SM: Um... Are there? What's the anachronistic element?

GB: Well we have the cameras with picture-taking qualities, but then her boyfriend has an ID issued in 1990.

SM: Oh right. I think... I'll just be very very honest with you, I think that's just a mistake. I didn't even know about it.

GB: Oh, OK.

SM: So sorry, that's, I mean... it's a misprint. Or if you prefer, it's that Time War. The ripples are still going out.

GB: OK. Because there have been some postulations that it has to do with the crack in the wall...

SM: Mmm...

GB: Two spaces in time...

SM...Wait and see.

GB: Wait and see.

SM: There's stuff going on with that, but I mean... do you know, it is a noble and proper fan ambition, and I have it myself, to make all of Doctor Who make sense. Good luck.

Ooooooh...did anyone notice the Timecrack in action on BBC Breakfast this morning?

The clock kept losing 2 minutes every now and again...it was most strange. I blame Moffat! :P

My one gripe at the moment would be that Amy seems to know the Doctor too well for only having known him a short space of time. I know she met him along time ago in her past but they are only now getting to know each other and she is saying things like, 'you never do that.' How does she know what he never does?

I always just put this kind of thing down to us (i.e. the viewers) not actually seeing all of the Doctors (or his companions) adventures. It's even directly referenced in the last Tennant episode - when he goes to see the Ood he says something about having done loads of stuff (like doing 'something' with the Virgin Queen). Perhaps between episodes the Doctor and Amy have just been hanging around in the Tardis, trying to find the swimming pool, seeing how well that glass floor works (marvellous), getting to know each other. From memory I think the only time I can remember the Doctor actually sitting down to tell a companion anything about himself on-screen is with Martha at the end of Gridlock.