Fleetwood Mac

Guest glimmers_of_hope

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?

Even though they are a successful act, I really wouldn't have thought the festival would have made so much fuss about them. If Fleetwood Mac were announced as a traditional headliner I'd be pretty surprised.

while I agree that they're not really headliner material nowadays, they're still a massive name, and they'd sit nicely as the act before Bruce I reckon.

In fact, unless they're playing on another stage I'm finding it hard to think where else they might be fitted in - unless they have a slot similar to what Leonard Cohen or Bob Monkhouse Neil Diamond had last year.

Remember, they're touring a "greatest hits" set - that makes a difference I feel, and it's about promoting one of the biggest selling albums of all time which is being re-released.

Edited by eFestivals

it really is the year of the legends isnt it.

to be honest, i'd be annoyed if they were the much talked about "fourth headliner", not that i'll care, but there then really is NOTHING for the younger generation in terms of headliners, unless they, like me, get into neil young springsteen and blur.

dont reply with "its not about the music" purleeeze.

while I agree that they're not really headliner material nowadays, they're still a massive name, and they'd sit nicely as the act before Bruce I reckon.

In fact, unless they're playing on another stage I'm finding it hard to think where else they might be fitted in - unless they have a slot similar to what Leonard Cohen or Bob Monkhouse Neil Diamond had last year.

Remember, they're touring a "greatest hits" set - that makes a difference I feel, and it's about promoting one of the biggest selling albums of all time which is being re-released.

it really is the year of the legends isnt it.

to be honest, i'd be annoyed if they were the much talked about "fourth headliner", not that i'll care, but there then really is NOTHING for the younger generation in terms of headliners, unless they, like me, get into neil young springsteen and blur.

dont reply with "its not about the music" purleeeze.

See, it's a great day to be a Fleetwood Mac fan (which I don't count myself as, but it's another good topline name for the posters) - first this news about Glasto comes along, followed by this even more brilliant news(brilliant news if you're a petrolhead that is)

Edited by Al the CAT

I can see what you're saying, but I guess with kanye, franz etc plus the john peel stage, then the younger generation will be most likely be adequately catered for by the time the lineups released. Most of the acts that would be worthy of the pyramid slot that cater for that generation have played in recent year (arctics for example), so would either be given another headline slot arguably too soon, or conversely another band could've been thrusted up there without earning the slot by merit.

I hear what you are saying also but really think that there should be at least one headliner for the younger generation. I would love to see Fleetwood Mac but not as the 4th headliner - in fact, I think it would be a pretty poor choice. A line-up of N Young, B Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac and Blur would be excellent but frankly way too old. I think ME has realised this and that may be why there is a 4th headliner this year. I suspect that they went for NY and BS but never expected to get them both and when they did, realised they needed a younger headliner to make the line-up more balanced. Am personally hoping for Coldplay. Only other younger English bands that seem to fit the picture are Artics, Muse and possibly Snow Patrol (if ME has got his geography mixed up again!)

GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been wishing for this announcement more than the possible Orbital appearance which we all know aint gonna happen now..gits!

Can I suggest a rather epic meet for this one? This is going to be one of the best Glasto's ever!

Just got to get me dad to sort out tour tix too and coming back to the UK for the festy season will be more brilliant than previously expected!

Whoopwhoop!

This has made my week! Always liked them, occasionally loved them and never actually seen them. This is exactly the sort of band that Glastonbury seems to have ignored for years - melodic pop/rock of the highest quality with that cool Californian sound shining through. All we need now is Van Morrison performing Astral Weeks to be added and it could be the ultimate Glastonbury.

I'm THRILLED by this announcement. My mum will be so jealous, she loves the Mac and tried to name me Rhiannon after the song of the same name but my dad was having none of it :P

I'm going to T in the Park as well, got my ticket last year but im bitterly disappointed with the headliners of Kings Of Leon, The Killers and Snow Patrol. I think they're decent bands but I've seen them all several times at various TITP's and other gigs.

For me my first Glastonbury was about seeing bands I never thought I'd see and I'm so so happy about Springsteen and Fleetwood Mac (if its definate) :)

This has made my week! Always liked them, occasionally loved them and never actually seen them. This is exactly the sort of band that Glastonbury seems to have ignored for years - melodic pop/rock of the highest quality with that cool Californian sound shining through. All we need now is Van Morrison performing Astral Weeks to be added and it could be the ultimate Glastonbury.