Guest TalkShow Bob

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info r0cky :angry:

Line-up has been updated! Copied here from email until they update the website:

Line-Up Announcement

So, just how do you improve on a line-up that already includes big hitters such as Orbital, Basement Jaxx and Pharoah Sanders? Well, after courting him since last summer, The Big Chill is proud to announce that David Byrne (yes, he of legendary art rock band Talking Heads) will be finishing his tour to support his new album with Brian Eno at this year's festival. Their collaborations go back over 30 years and include some of Talking Head's finest work from 'Once In A Lifetime' to 'Psycho Killer' as well as the brilliant new album 'Everything That Happens Will Happen Today'.

And as if that wasn't enough to get you all hot under the collar, The Big Chill's musical line-up will also include a reunited Lamb, the sonically-charged Spiritualized and the Soma boys, Slam, to get things shaking. Meanwhile, they'll be plenty to get your laughing gear around with comedy highlights including performances from Dylan Moran and Russell Howard. But that's not all, because we're thrilled to announce that they'll also be joined on the bill by:

Alex Horne

Alice Russell

Alphabeat DJ Set

Apples & Snakes

Boy Crisis

Brian Appleton (AKA Graham Fellows)

Brian Patten

Calexico

Chinese Man

Craig Campbell

Dan Black

DJ Derek

DJ Sandrinho

Dub Syndicate

Gable

Gong

Favela Chic

Horse Meat Disco

Hot Breath Karaoke

Ian Stone

J-Star & MC Honey Brown

John Hegley

Josie Long

Ludovico Einaudi

Magistrates

Marina & The Diamonds

Markus Birdman

Mitch Benn

Moody Boyz

Mr Scruff's Tea Party

Mulatu & The Heliocentrics

Mungo's Hifi

NoFit State Circus and Cabaret

Norman Jay

Optimo

Red Rack'em

Richie Phoe

Rob Deering

Scamps Theatre's Pinocchio

Ska Cubano

Stephen Grant

Stephen Morrison and Alex Jenkins

Subculture

Summer of Dub

The Gist

To Rococo Rot

Sean Hughes

Toddla T & MC Serocee

Tom Middleton's One More Tune set

Trevor Lock

Wonky Pop

zombie-zombie

And there are still many more still to come!

Edited by r0cky

As usual, the fun will begin at Eastnor on the Thursday, so why not book that extra day off and make it long weekend in the countryside, because Thursday night is promising to be every bit as monstrous as the rest of the weekend, when The Big Chill, Warp Films and Film4 set about filming the world's biggest ever zombie scene at this year's festival. More details to come on this as our fiendish plans develop!

easy everyone,

a mate of mine sorted out me a ticket for this - can't wait - another new festival for me to go to this year! :lol:

i can't find any sort of overview of what the festival is like in depth. anyone got any comparisions? see sig for what festivals i've done in the past :lol:

anyone also know the access times ? its my birthday on the 6th aug (Thurs) will i be spending the first day at the fest getting extra hammered?! :lol::P

anyway any info such as access times etc would be greatly recieved!

:D