definitely no metallica for download?

Guest zahidf

metal hammer are saying that there's a "massive addition to the summer festy calendar in late july with metallica, muse and possibly the foo's forming a major part". they also talk of jimmy page and john paul jones' project returning to their spiritual home (knebworth surely??). Is it actually 2 seperate events do we think?? or a 4 day marathon?? (surely all those 4 would be headliners...)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says in the smaller articles in metal hammer for each individual band that theres basically no chance of metallica playing, along with Machine Head, Lamb of God and Ac/Dc. It also says they have reason to believe slipknot WILL be headlining download, and that the other bands you have mentioned will be taking part in Metallicas extravoganza rather than download. I wouldn't take too much of this at face value. They are just speculating like every other bugger!!!

if they have any sense they'll throw the money at muse. Played two gigs in the uk last year (V fest) and wembley/ iow before that. Remind me again how long both wembley dates took to sell out lol. Actually they did play that royal albert hall gig, remember trying to get tickets and then seeing them for £600 on fleabay. Add that to the constant "best british band" awards they get, and they're the hottest ticket right now, in demand can shift a mountain of tickets and unlike bands like foos etc, haven't gone ott on touring the uk too much.

Muse? Download? Nooooooooooooooo!

Muse = indie kids

(As in they would bring indie kids to the festival to see them)

mental age and physical age don't always match :) i remember getting called a mosher for wearing a blink hoody lol, not sure how that one worked...

this is the reason why download never sells out though, the organisers have to try and work with people who jump on their back over anything. I mean they even had to justify why they booked mcr with an online response, are people honestly that fickle that they don't understand that big bands = lots of tickets being sold, but if it's not 100% METAL (or pendulum lol) then people will call the lineup shite.

Edited by Spiral_Low

I believe that you won't see ac/dc at Reading/Leeds this year.

nope.

Shame :)

Have any ideas on when they might update the download website??

The rumours seem to be hotting up now with Manowar, Rammstein, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Slipknot, Korn etc etc all in the frame (apparently!) Think we'll get a few of these?

according to what Metal Hammer say these bands have all been made offers, so I think it's pretty likely that some of them will be on the bill.

according to what Metal Hammer say these bands have all been made offers, so I think it's pretty likely that some of them will be on the bill.