definitely no metallica for download?

Guest zahidf

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well someone has finally caught on ... well i've known about this for about 3 weeks, I didn't wanna mention it though as i've got a few contacts with Knebworth and don't wanna piss anyone off.

Yeah the organisers have gone to Herts police to enquire about policing costs, Coldplay couldn't be arsed with Knebworth in the end, so Metallica might be doing something there instead. Watch this space.

can anyone copy & paste the article,

the surf controll where im at atm won't let me view it.....laaaaaaaame

Is it just me who doubts this?

Downloads sales have been steadily declining and wasn't the site scaled down this year as a reflection of that?

Bands big enough to draw large numbers to a heavy metal festival are also thinning and Reading seems to be nabbing alot of them surely another festival competing for signatures will lead to weaker bills in most people's eyes,as the bitching over the past two Download line-ups on here has proved.

To make playing Knebworth financially viable you would have to draw a crowd of 80,000 and considering Metallica have a full UK tour next year and failed to sell out Wembley last year i don't see them pulling a crowd of that size in today's climate.

I just think this is a non starter.

i don't doubt this all that much... given that Big Day Out in '99 was my first festival, i can see metallica easily pulling off a one-day two-stage festival at somewhere like knebworth. but at the same time, i probably wouldn't like it, as it might make Download even weaker than already...

• 1 month later...

Downloads sales have been steadily declining and wasn't the site scaled down this year as a reflection of that?

Bands big enough to draw large numbers to a heavy metal festival are also thinning and Reading seems to be nabbing alot of them surely another festival competing for signatures will lead to weaker bills in most people's eyes,as the bitching over the past two Download line-ups on here has proved.

To make playing Knebworth financially viable you would have to draw a crowd of 80,000 and considering Metallica have a full UK tour next year and failed to sell out Wembley last year i don't see them pulling a crowd of that size in today's climate.

You know what? A festival with Muse and RHCP as headliners is gonna turn into a massive f**king indie fest. More competetion for R/L than Downlaod if metallica is the only metal they offer. Even if Metallica's day is a metal day (which means I would go) still alot of metallers would just go that day and still go Download for the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...