Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

Well just about to pack the car and head off for Dover. Getting very excited now which is never a good thing for a man of my advanced years, but I do love my music and I do love RaR.

Anyway if you see 3 guys wandering around in Hawaii Five 0 shirts - sorry its an old Liverpool joke for 50 year old's - stop and say hello as I'm sure my two younger son's, despite telling me otherwise, would appreciate a bit of younger company for a while.

Its always a daft thing to say but enjoy yourselves and don't worry if your favorite band isn't playing (mine isn't :D ) there's still plenty to do, for example Drink, Drink, Drink Eat, Drink, Drink.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The portapotties are the cleanest I have seen on na German festival. You have to pay for showers (2.50 I think), and there's also 'real' Toilets, but those cost 50 cents as well. (I think those were the prices, no guarantee on that!). One more day and I am off! Woohooo!

Hey everyone,

Clock is a ticking, drunken debauchery here I come, has anybody any idea about recharging mobile phones, at other festivals there is a tent where you can leave your phone to be recharged and you throw them €5 or something. Such a service at RAR?

Layne.

Theres a T-Mobile tent in the middle of all the stages you can charge it for free, you just leave your phone and they give you aload of free shit and you come back after 2hours i think and pick it up. Was crap for me last year though because i bought my N95 and they only had 2 slots, went back about 6 times fighting the que's waiting for the inevitable "no room" lol. People dump phones there and take all day to come back for them lol.

I personally am taking this http://www.firebox.com/product/1796/FreeLoader-Solar-Charger this year. I got it off ebay for £25 free postage, you can charge it up on PC beforehand and then just top it up with solar over the weekend, it comes with the adaptors for DS's, PSP's, Ipods and 99% of phones. Can pick them up from argos too.

Expect your neighbours to have electricty through little generators... bring a charger and an adapter for Europlugs, exchange a little electricity for a beer or two... getting a charger at the T-mobile tent is usually a pain.

Just another quick Q about the Loos, apologise if its been asked before ...

I'm expecting porta-loos in the arena but what about the campsites ? are they still porta-loos or do they use 'long drop' type loos (20 or so loos with tin doors, all together, everything goes into a huge pit in the bottom) ? Hope its the latter of the 2 !!

Also, how many folk from here are heading over from the UK on wednesday evening, sailing from Hull to Zeebruggee ?

Lol, everyone's goin a bit mad over the toilet situation. Trust me they are about a 100 times better than any UK festival. There is a mixture of portaloos and proper toilets both in the arena and in the campsite.

If you've never been before then just go with the flow! You dont wanna be too prepared and nothing will prepare you for the atmosphere!

i wonder if they were able to get out Joshs inflatable sofa out of those toiles lol don't be suprised if you see one :P

Toilets aren't that bad on rock am ring and the best trick is to use those on the parkings, they are always clean beacuse almost noone uses them and they get cleaned just like every other toilet on campings :P

I would be landing in frankfurt right about now and would of been on the camping in about 2 hours maybe next year :P

Edited by serch

Returned lasty night from my first Rock am Ring.

Really enjoyed the festival shame bout the weather but found it was much more chilled out than UK festivals. Some really good performances Friday and also possibly one of the worst sets I've ever seen from Marilyn Manson who could barely function.

Slipknot, Prodigy and Machine Head were all awesome on Saturday, but thought Limp Bizkit was a bit disappointing on Sunday and the sound for them was shocking.

Overall though really enjoyed my first Rock am Ring and would definately consider returning next year although slightly better prepared. Word of warning Tesco value tents are not waterproof!!!

Returned lasty night from my first Rock am Ring.

Really enjoyed the festival shame bout the weather but found it was much more chilled out than UK festivals. Some really good performances Friday and also possibly one of the worst sets I've ever seen from Marilyn Manson who could barely function.

Slipknot, Prodigy and Machine Head were all awesome on Saturday, but thought Limp Bizkit was a bit disappointing on Sunday and the sound for them was shocking.

Overall though really enjoyed my first Rock am Ring and would definately consider returning next year although slightly better prepared. Word of warning Tesco value tents are not waterproof!!!