Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, was wondering with anybody that has experience of the trains,

Can ya get a return ticket if you are gettin the train to Koblenz on the Wednesday and then returning on the monday? Or is that too big a gap between the journeys?.....the price of the trains seems to have gone way up since i booked the flights! :)

I just did domething very random!

I got my RAR ticket last feb, then in March my friend had to pull out cause he lost his job. Then i had planned to go on my own up until last month, when I decided I wouldnt go and would head to Roskilde with a few instead.

Anyway to make a long story just a bit shorter... I couldnt sell my RAR ticket, so I have decided to go to RAR afterall! Totally on impulse! I took next week of work, I am flying to Hahn on Tues June 2nd, I have a hotel booked for 6 nights 9km from Nurburgring and have rented a car! The whole lot was pretty expensive, but who cares, you only live once!! ;-)

Anyway I'm coming over and I would LOVE to meet up with some folks from this forum!

I'm going to get a shitty tent and would love to camp somewhere close to the action! A couple of months ago I had originally arranged to meet up with Karen (evilhasnever) on the Wed not sure what you guys story is now??? have u already made arrangements? Anywho I will now be arriving over on the Tues afternoon, will be checking into my hotel on Tues night, get a shitty tent somewhere fill the boot of my car up with booze, and hit the ring on wed morning!

If anyone has room for an Irish solo partier from Dublin at their camp let me know and we can exchange details - I will be on a plane this time next week! ;-)

Agghhhh so random!! ;-)

Rock on!

Paul

Fell free to camp with us. We are a group of 20+ people from all over Northern Germany and the Netherlands at least, camping at B2A or B3 and also arriving Wed morning (or Tues night, depends on how traffic will be).

If you are interested (or anybody else for that matter) send me a PM, we can exchange details like names or phone numbers then.

We are aged 20 to at least mid-30, and a laid back bunch.

Oh, and we'll have electricity and and music and a party tent, of course. And a flag pole (hopefully, still needs transportation), so us drunkards will find the camp again haha :-)

Hi all, am heading to Rock am Ring next wednesday and flying to Frankfurt-Hahn. Does anyone know what the taxi situation is like there and whether it's advisable to try and pre-book before. Also if anyone has any info on who to pre-book taxis through that would be great, Cheers for any help!!

Hey slayerd,

I have taxi/mini bus booked with two spaces left if theres two of you and you're arriving before 2pm on the Wednesday.

If not I booked with a taxi company I found on the frankfurt hahn website - very helpful and speak english, the guy has emailed me a few times for additional information and will stand outside with a placard with your name on it...

website here - http://www.taxi-am-hahn.de/

also I asked on the booking if it can go to Rock Am Ring via Lidl.(supermarket) as you're best getting all your booze/food beforehand, and he confirmed that that was cool, so we are going to get supplies along the way.

Jimbot272

Hey Paul, you made the right choice! ha ha

My plan is now meeting up with folks i meet last year on the Wednesday and getting a taxi to the campsite at 2pm, stopping along the way for supplies so i figure we'll prob be at the campsite around 4.

I'll email you my mob number and you're more than welcome to come and meet us if you want. As i say we wont be there until 4 and no idea what campsite we'll be heading towards but if you take a campsite map with you, could you give a buzz when i know where we are and you can try and find us!

Thanks for the info evilhasnever. There's 4 of us coming but thanks anyway for the offer on your 2 other spaces. Yeah will get them to stop at a lidl or something for alcohol supplies before hand should help save on a bit of money anyway. Cheers again!!

Fell free to camp with us. We are a group of 20+ people from all over Northern Germany and the Netherlands at least, camping at B2A or B3 and also arriving Wed morning (or Tues night, depends on how traffic will be).

If you are interested (or anybody else for that matter) send me a PM, we can exchange details like names or phone numbers then.

Oh, and we'll have electricity and and music and a party tent, of course. And a flag pole (hopefully, still needs transportation), so us drunkards will find the camp again haha :-)

Jimbot272

Hey Paul, you made the right choice! ha ha

My plan is now meeting up with folks i meet last year on the Wednesday and getting a taxi to the campsite at 2pm, stopping along the way for supplies so i figure we'll prob be at the campsite around 4.

I'll email you my mob number and you're more than welcome to come and meet us if you want. As i say we wont be there until 4 and no idea what campsite we'll be heading towards but if you take a campsite map with you, could you give a buzz when i know where we are and you can try and find us!

Squig,

That sounds really awesome, thanks so much – I was looking a the map earlier and was thinking B2a or B3 would be perfect! I’ll PM you my details. If you decide to go to the ring on Tuesday night, just let me know and I can make my way over and meet you guys – my hotel is in Rodder, so depending on traffic I should be able to drive to the ring in 20 mins or so.

Edited by Squig

F!RST POST Haha.

This thread has been my reference point for Am Ring. Group of four (20-22) are coming from Essex. Arriving on the Wednesday evening. Were gonna be stocked up (God bless Asda's 2 for £14 on Strongbows!). Would be nice to see some of you there, where you guys likely to be camping ? I'm a festival And Rock AM virgin so i'd love to get to know a few of you lot.

Cant wait, its so close now!.

Who are you lot most excited about seeing ?

For me its definatley : Limp Bizkit, Duff's Loaded, Madness, Black Stone Cherry and Billy F'N Talent!!

Rick.

Argh, I can't wait to be back there again! :D

There's only 2 of us going this year, so we'll most likely meet some people in Frankfurt and travel up with them on the Thursday. We did that last year and ended up with 15 people camping with us. I would have gone on the Wednesday this year, but I've got an exam on the Wednesday morning. Grrr.

Main bands I'm looking forward to are Gallows, Limp Bizkit, Biffy Clyro, The Prodigy, Korn, The Gaslight Anthem and a bit of Slipknot. I'll most likely spend most of Friday in the campsite getting battered, the first band I want to see is Enter Shikari at 7pm and I'm not even that fussed about them.

I know we aren't going to RaR to catch a sun tan but it will be nice to know if the tents can go up in some half decent weather, this link points to a 5 day forecast. I'll be getting there next Tuesday night and hope to see a little sun, even a partly cloudy would be nice.

http://www.qwikcast.com/cgi-bin/forecast.c...=Nurburgring,DE

My band plan:

Friday:

Enter Shikari - Papa Roach - Placebo - KSE - beginning of the Killers - MM - Korn if I like it, otherwise rest of Basement Jaxx

Saturday:

Flogging Moll - Volbeat - Madness - 10 Minutes of Machine Head - The Prodigy - Bloc Party - A bit of Slipknot - Biffy Clyro - Gaslight Anthem - Trail of Dead - Dredg (love the tent line up this year, if Slipknot totally bore me I'll also go for Alexisonfire)

Sunday:

New Found Glory - Tomte - PB&J - Kettcar - Guano Apes - Billy Talent - Limp Bizkit - Peter Fox

Sounds doable. Only thing I miss I#d see is Slipknot / Alexisonfire, Phoenix and Mando Diao, the latter two I have seen a zillion times already, so all is good.

Handy little planner off Ringrocker.com, also like the google translation

"Update: The practical and popular ringrocker.com folding map with all the info and times is now available for download. The pocket size is ideal for all Lineup strategists and for all, by virtue of an increased consumption of intoxicating liquor problems with short-term memory. Simply print, fold together at the plug and plug in your pocket."

http://www.ringrocker.com/faltplaner2009.pdf

Hey Karen,

Thanks so much for the offer! I reckon I will be at the ring well before 4pm on the Wed, so might set up with Squig and his crew! But would definitely like to meet up with you guys - I'll email you my mob number aswell. Actually, I have something that may interest you!! Me and my mate were supposed to fly to Scotland to go and see Static-X in The Cathouse in Glasgow on June 14th but my mate can’t go (what is the story with my friends???? Always bailing on me!! haha) Anyway, I have 2 tickets for the Static-X show that I won’t be needing! I see in your profile that you are from Glasgow – so they are yours if you want them, for free of course. If you don’t want them maybe you know some friends who would like them? Anyway , thanks again Karen and hopefully I will see you over there!

Cool dude, email me your number, we may end up near you dependent on where the taxi drops us off. I'll drop you a text once were there and set up. Cheers for the ticket offering, your friends do suck lol. I'm gonna be probably serverly hungover on the Sunday due to a major drink-fest we have in our town on the Saturday, but thanks anyway! Drop us an email and hopefully we can meet up.

Karen