Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

Hey Squig! :lol:

My mate Brett and I are getting into Amsterdam on Monday. We'll be organising some way to get towards RaR from there (dunno how yet, we'll just try to grab a train I think). We were probably going to go camp from about Wednesday (depending on transport to the site) and if you're happy to have a couple of (most likely drunk) Australians camp with your group we'd love to camp with you so we kinda feel like we know someone other than ourselfs. ...We even have two flags of our own that you could throw on the flag pole if there's room!

Anyway, I've sent you a PM with my info in it and I'll make sure I actually check back here up till we leave (on Sunday) so hopefully I'll hear from you soon.

Good luck with that exam of yours B)

-Noodle

Ps. Eeeeeeeeep! I leave Australia in 3 days time! Getting pretty excited now! :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been studying the form guide. Think I'll be going to see:

FR:

Hardcore Superstar

Juliette Lewis

Selig

Razorlight

Papa Roach

Placebo

Killers

Marilyn

SA:

VV Brown

White Lies

Flogging Molly

Volbeat

You Me at Six

Madness

Prodigy

Duff or Bloc Party

Slipknot

Biffy

Gaslight Anthem

Mando Diao

SO:

Little Man Tate

Steadlur

All American Rejects

The Subways

The Blackout

Buckcherry

Chris Cornell

Hollywood Undead

Gallows

Limp Bizkit

Peter Fox

When you look at it like that its actually a pretty good line-up - well worth the money!

Is it me or have the times changed slightly since they were first announced?

Been studying the form guide. Think I'll be going to see:

FR:

Hardcore Superstar

Juliette Lewis

Selig

Razorlight

Papa Roach

Placebo

Killers

Marilyn

SA:

VV Brown

White Lies

Flogging Molly

Volbeat

You Me at Six

Madness

Prodigy

Duff or Bloc Party

Slipknot

Biffy

Gaslight Anthem

Mando Diao

SO:

Little Man Tate

Steadlur

All American Rejects

The Subways

The Blackout

Buckcherry

Chris Cornell

Hollywood Undead

Gallows

Limp Bizkit

Peter Fox

When you look at it like that its actually a pretty good line-up - well worth the money!

Is it me or have the times changed slightly since they were first announced?

So I was having a look at the RaR website (through the poor translation of Google) and I thought I'd check up the shuttle bus from Koblenz to RaR and from what I can see on the RaR site and the buses site, they're sold out of shuttle bus tickets.

Can someone confirm if this is correct? I was under the assuption that you could just get the shuttle at set times during the day without pre-purchasing but it looks like this was wrong.

So this leads to the next question. If there's no shuttle bus available to go from Koblenz to RaR, how else should we get there? I know there's Taxi's but thats going to make it quite expensive. :) Help?

I have a somewhat plan.

Friday.

Dragonforce

Enter Shikari

Papa Roach

I wanted to see Staind after but have no choice other than to see Placebo as they are one of my mates favourite bands.

Marilyn Manson

Korn

Saturday.

White Lies

Volbeat

Madness

Start of Prodigy

Duff Mckagen's Loaded

Slipknot

Sunday.

The Rifles

All American Rejects

Buckcherry

Billy Talent

Limp Bizkit

Catch some Black Stone Cherry

Dir En Grey.

I slagged the Rock AM Ring line up when I saw it but to be honest it's actually really good.

Rick.

aswell give a listen to Shinedown, Sevendust, The Gaslight Anthem, Dredg and quite few more, there's really a lot to see and hear during the weekend

There's some information on main site regarding entrances to pit's on central stage.

http://www.rock-am-ring.com/wellenbrecher.html

I guess it would be good idea to translate it for all the goers

Edited by serch

it was was way easier 2 years ago and kind of dificult already last year to get into first pit part (A) now it will probably be close to impossible as there will be even more people staying there from morning till last performance. hopefully it won't be that bad for you guys, remmember you can always crowd surf and get at least to the B section :D

That would be interesting if they didn't use there national language ...

Interested to know how quick zones A & B fill up. Really only want to be in either for Bizkit and Talent.

Edited by Avnon

Limp Bizkit will probably have the best turn out on main stage this year.

and yeah in previous years if you got there before/when first bands were playing it was possible to just walk into the pit marked with A without any problems but after 2-3 hours it's like Avnon descibed.

2007 was the best beacuse i kept on running in between the stages and in 90% cases i was either in the pit on main or on alternate stage :D

oh and btw. have a blast guys and gals!

Edited by serch

Hey guys,not long now!

I just have a question after reading the last couple of posts.I'm a a rock am ring first timer and am just trying to grasp how hard it into zones A and B to when big bands are on such as limp bizkit and slipknot?would you advise to get there early?

And what about for the bands during the day, does it get rammed then too?

And does the alternatsgate have the same problems?

Thanks for any advice!

@ the Alöternastage it is usually easier... also, during the day it is easier to gte to the front, while the headliners are playing it used to be harder.... but they just implemented a new system this year, so nobdy rerally knows how hard it will be... You'll have to try to find that out by yourself I am afraid. Rule of thumb from last year is that if you weant to see the headliner from A you have to be there at least 2 bands before to stand in line.

ok so its really f**king close now and i'm starting to pack and ask stupid questions like this:

my ticket is one of those souvenir ones. it has two tear off parts, one for parking and one for the festival. i'm guessing you have to give the parking at the car park and the festival one when you get your wristband? does everyone in the car need to give the parking bit up? reason i ask is my mate says his ticket hasn't got a parking section.

I don't think this will be a big deal... they want to take a look at the tickets, but with 80 000 visitors some will lose parking sections (not to mention that my ticket, not a souvenir one, but from Eventim, doesn't have that section neither). If in doubt just kick him out before you enter the parking lot, but really, I wouldn't worry too much.