Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

so it looks like im selling my ticket aswell

549pln, 109pounds, 125euro

if there's anyone living in poland who is looking for ticket let me know via PM, if no one from poland buys it this week i'll sell it to anyone living in europe.

Edited by Squig

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah thats cool, wise aswell as we'll be getting in last :rolleyes: Your just gonna have to put up with Dave till we get there :lol:. I dont suppose you could email with the request to stop off at a supermarket so he knows in advance could you? And ask if he knows if anywhere in Germany sells veggie stuff :) Nice one Karen :) Can't wait now!

Any of you guys familiar with the Brussels area ??

Theres a few of us heading over to RAR then heading upto Amsterdam for a few days then were planning on heading down to Brussels for a couple of days before heading home.

Were stopping in a hostel in Amsterdam but are planning on camping in / around Brussels, were looking a for a campsite that'd be out of the way, out in the country side if poss, were from the Lake District in the UK, i'm not expecting to find anywhere like that but must be somewhere out in the wilds thats got some cool views ect ... ?

Cheers

Guys pay a visit to Asda they have some amazing camping stuff in atm lol i bought 2 camping tripod stools £2! really lightweight aswell and easy to pack + they have a load of mini hair shampoo's, hand wipes, lynx shower gel etc all on 3 for £2.

Done all my shopping last night :blink:

Hey steve,

I asked on the request if they can go via lidl and got an email to say that the guy will speak english - i'm pretty sure it i'll be fine to stop off at that lidl we went to last year.

Do you know your flight number so i can email the guy back? I hadn't put it on the request form but he emailed me yesterday looking for the flight number.

good call on asda, i seen they had wee miniature's and a seat is probably a good call too

Hey steve,

I asked on the request if they can go via lidl and got an email to say that the guy will speak english - i'm pretty sure it i'll be fine to stop off at that lidl we went to last year.

Do you know your flight number so i can email the guy back? I hadn't put it on the request form but he emailed me yesterday looking for the flight number.

good call on asda, i seen they had wee miniature's and a seat is probably a good call too

thanks steve - although that was the flight info for the way back - dont worry i flicked through the pages and got it from details you posted a few pages back :blink:!

Yeah could be a good call to bring some sausages with you, i've just emailed the taxi dude with your flight details and to double confirm he will stop at a supermarket on route.

Not a problem - i cant wait for the first drink - tents set up - bbq on the go and drink in hand.....

Hi All,

Just wondered if I could get some advice from anyone who might know on here.

Am coming over to Rock AM Ring with a tour company from the UK and we are staying in a hotel in Altenahr, about 30km away from the festival.

The coach takes us to the site every day but leaves when the main stage closes, was wondering if anyone knew whether it's possible to get taxi's etc from the site in the early hours of the morning seeing as some of the tent acts etc dont finish til 3am etc

Also, does anyone know what the veggie options of food etc are like??

Cheers

Jon

Veggie is a bit one sided I think. You can get some, but usually only one per stall, in some stalls none (veggie Bratwursts?)

Dunno about taxis, never really paid attention... I'd try to contact the German tourist board and ask them for the contacts of taxi companies that are close to Adenau, they should be able to tell you.

Hi All,

Just wondered if I could get some advice from anyone who might know on here.

Am coming over to Rock AM Ring with a tour company from the UK and we are staying in a hotel in Altenahr, about 30km away from the festival.

The coach takes us to the site every day but leaves when the main stage closes, was wondering if anyone knew whether it's possible to get taxi's etc from the site in the early hours of the morning seeing as some of the tent acts etc dont finish til 3am etc

Also, does anyone know what the veggie options of food etc are like??

Cheers

Jon

Hey guys,just a quick question regarding beer prices in the arena.just wondering how much beer money i will roughly need to take.

So how much is a pint roughly?

I checked the FAQ on page 1 and although it says about 4euro a pint,it also asked below if somebody could confirm last years price?

thanks for any help

6 euros for half a pint of cider?!jeez!will keep away from that methinks!

4euros,works out as about a similar price to i pay at leeds so not TOO bad.will take plenty of spending money regardless.

Oh,do you happen to know which lagers they sell?

well actually its half pints you get so it is pretty expensive.

i could be wrong but i think it was 3.50 for a half pint thing and you get a euro back if you keep your cup and return it when going to buy another drink.

so really your first one is about 3.50 and if you keep the glasses subsequent half pints are bout 2.50. it is the norm everyone does it.

also what i found was good is there are a few guys walking about with a sorta beer back pack and they can re-fill your cup - espically good as they come into the sections where you stand to watch the bands so you dont need to miss any songs or what not.

well actually its half pints you get so it is pretty expensive.

i could be wrong but i think it was 3.50 for a half pint thing and you get a euro back if you keep your cup and return it when going to buy another drink.

so really your first one is about 3.50 and if you keep the glasses subsequent half pints are bout 2.50. it is the norm everyone does it.

also what i found was good is there are a few guys walking about with a sorta beer back pack and they can re-fill your cup - espically good as they come into the sections where you stand to watch the bands so you dont need to miss any songs or what not.

yeah the beer can be pricey, but if i recall the cocktails arent bad value...i just get pretty drunk before i head to the festival area and also you can bring in a litre of whatever in a juice carton which always helps. you can always go around looking for cups if ya wanna earn yourself some free beers

Yeah ll the german's make tetra pack duct tape handbags and walk around drinking that all day wish i did the same lol. This year i wanna do that and fill it with yager and red bull and will last me a while hopefully.

I think I still have a plastic cup from last year... 1Euro for the cup, 2.80 for the beer... it wouldn't surprise me if it was 3Euros this year

I concur on the tetrapaks! Just buy a bottle of vodka and top it up to a litre with juice :lol:

Beer is also very expensive from the campsite supermarkets... I think it was about 50Euros for 24 cans last time...

The moral is, buy lots of cheap booze from Lidl and get hammered before you get into the arena! Also, I think the cocktails are about 6Euros each