Rock am Ring 2009

Guest Squig

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a reason Germans stock up with beer and go to festivals by car or know somebody who does.

I usually then spend a 100 additional €s for a three day festival for beer and food on the terrain, incl one T-Shirt.

Were fetching a load of crates with us, £10 for 24 cans ... bargain !!

Whats the security like for taking drink into the arena, i see you can take a 1ltr bottle in with you, whats the chances of sneeking cans in ... stashed down your pants ! Its worked for the last few years at leeds festival.

There is a few of us arriving on the wednesday, just a few questions

Does anyone know what time the buses are from koblenz to the ring on the wednesday?

what campsites are open on wednesday?

is there any places to buy food at the site on the wednesday and thursday?

also has anyone ever been to the disco on the thursday night, is it good?

sorry for all the questions, not long to go now!

Dunno, I guess you can get it on Wednesday... maybe they just put them on the windshields of the cars tht are parked there already on wednesday. Wouldn't worry about that too much, am sure it will be easy to sort out.

For those tree hugging veggie and vegans attending the first time, don't worry no problem getting food, we had a vegan with us the past two years and managed to find something to eat, nothing as nice as a juicy burger but they definately didn't starve. Oh but be warned, don't be tempted to forrage berries from a bush, someone probably already lagged on it! :)

I jet off a week tonight.....woohoo i cant wait!

S/D - the taxi man confirms he will definately stop at a Lidl along the way, so we should get there in good time and well stocked with food and booze.

All that remains unanswered is what the weather will be like, i'm preying for sun