2009 Rumours

Guest Spiral_Low

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the higher ups on the Download forum has talked to Andy Copping and reckons it's unlikely that the third headliner will be announced any time soon.

Sounds like something pretty big. I don't think they'd wait this long if just Manson was headlining (being as he's already practically been confirmed by efests).

If we're betting, i'm going for Faith No More.

I personally think if the next headliner was massive we would know by now and I think it will be a smaller band than the current 2 headliners. I'd love for FNM to play but I don't even think they're reuniting.

I'm pretty sure the delay in announcing the headliner isn't some elaborate build up to some big act! That kind of announcement needs to be made when tickets go on sale.

I personally think if the next headliner was massive we would know by now and I think it will be a smaller band than the current 2 headliners. I'd love for FNM to play but I don't even think they're reuniting.

I'm pretty sure the delay in announcing the headliner isn't some elaborate build up to some big act! That kind of announcement needs to be made when tickets go on sale.

If the friday headliner was huge I could just see them announcing it as the first announcement to generate as much hype as possible at the time of sale. If it was the sunday headliner left to announce then I'd hold out for a legend. As it's friday I'm not sure it will be.

I doubt it, I think they'll wait for the website to be re-launched.

It just wouldn't seem to make sense to me to hold back on the third headliner if it's Manson. He's been all but confirmed by efests for weeks now, and many would be unhappy at him headlining (personally i'd love him at Donnington, but as sub-headliner). It wouldn't create the kind of media coverage which would shift a lot of tickets and generate hype, and it'd piss off a lot of the people who've been waiting for ages to find out who the third headliner is.

It would seem to me that he's being held back as back-up, while they finalise the deal with another band. Then if that falls through they can easily announce Manson as headliner and shove Crue under him (which would be a decent Friday night actually).

Pointless speculation I know, and maybe i'm reading too much into it, but if you can't pointlessly speculate now when can you?

One of the higher ups on the Download forum has talked to Andy Copping and reckons it's unlikely that the third headliner will be announced any time soon.

Sounds like something pretty big. I don't think they'd wait this long if just Manson was headlining (being as he's already practically been confirmed by efests).

If we're betting, i'm going for Faith No More.

If they aren't announcing the headliner for the Friday yet, thers usually only two reasons for this

ONE - They haven't been booked yet

TWO - They're playing a festival before, or doing a tour that hasn't sold out so aren't waiting for more tickets to be sold until they confirm their festival appearence as people might be going to festival and then think f**k it paying for their tour I'll just watch them at Download

and yes, who does that fit....

Nickelback

im pretty sure it will be them if this is the case