Films

Guest razz1e

the thing is, its not a "bad movie", by any stretch of the imagination. its a bit messy, but it still looks great, its exciting, its funny, and you care about the characters.

if it had been made by anyone else, it would probably have been reviewed better. Pixar do have the bar set really high as you say crawler.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a theory, but was thinking maybe they decided to go for Cars 2, which they must have known was sub-par, because every Pixar film has gotten progressively better and better. Toy Story 3 was immense, topping that would be next to impossible....

so instead of even trying, just make something that isnt that great and get everyones standards back down :P

Not really adding anything new to the discussion; but went to see Harry Potter last night, and it was pretty bloody great. I've never read the books, and only watched part 1 last week.. but I was really impressed.

In fact, I was quite surprised I liked it so much as I thought Pt1 was boring a f*ck.

After BBC3's screening of Noel Clarke's films the past few weeks I decided to check out another Brit urban film 'Anuvahood' which was written,directed and starred Adam Deacon who played 'J' in Noel Clarke's films.

It's a more light hearted affair and hardly an epic but it was a nice little comedy with some surprise appearances,most notably Linda Robson.Definately worth a watch if you liked either of Noel Clarkes efforts.

Just saw the trailer for Battleship.

A film based on a f**king board game. You have got to be kidding. Looking forward to more of this shit. I can already imagine there being greenlight meetings taking place for Connect 4: Rise of the Yellows and Hungry Hungry Hippos: Rise of the Blue Hippo.

This planet needs a reboot.

Just saw the trailer for Battleship.

A film based on a f**king board game. You have got to be kidding. Looking forward to more of this shit. I can already imagine there being greenlight meetings taking place for Connect 4: Rise of the Yellows and Hungry Hungry Hippos: Rise of the Blue Hippo.

This planet needs a reboot.

Interestingly, Ridley Scott is/was attached as director. So might not be completely hopeless.

Saying that, Riddles has got so much else in the pipeline I can't see him sticking with it (2x Prometheous, The Kind One, Forever War, Brave New World, Red Riding, countless producer roles). Seriously, has to be one of the most hard working people in the industry.

Edited by jump

I want to see Prometheus, but is it still apart of Aliens or not as they keep saying conflicting things about?

I didn't know he was making/prodcuing a flick based on Brave New World, does anyone know when it's due?

Edited by Halcyon

Yup, the Aliens are in it. It's a slightly earlier version of 'the alien' that we've seen before, but they're definitely in there. The film is mainly about the Space Jockey's (the big guy in the chair in alien 1) race, and their genetic manipulation experiments. It's going to be fantastic.