am i the only one who hopes

Guest greeneyes1980

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been a fan of tennis (that may come as a shock to some), used to play virtua tennis on the dreamcast but beyond that never bothered with it. But just watched the Murray game & loved it for 2 reasons.

1) There are few things quite as enthrawling to watch than two spotsmen of roughly equal standing & at the top of their games pitting their wits about each other.

2) Comentators say the f**king funniest things....................

Did anyone spot the bit in the crowd shot of the middle aged looking lassie with a huge grin on her face wiggling around in her seat during one of the crowd shots. The comentator said "If she had a tail she'd be wagging it"

B):DB)

Edited by wullie72

2) Comentators say the f**king funniest things....................

Did anyone spot the bit in the crowd shot of the middle aged looking lassie with a huge grin on her face wiggling around in her seat during one of the crowd shots. The comentator said "If she had a tail she'd be wagging it"

B)B):D

I am hoping that Nadal wins. I'm a fan of Tennis. And Nadal is the finest most entertaining player I've ever seen. He should win it this year, should have last year, as he's playing the best tennis I've seen him play on grass for some time.

Murray isn't that good and he's not very entertaining. He's quite a coarse player.

I am hoping that Nadal wins. I'm a fan of Tennis. And Nadal is the finest most entertaining player I've ever seen. He should win it this year, should have last year, as he's playing the best tennis I've seen him play on grass for some time.

Murray isn't that good and he's not very entertaining. He's quite a coarse player.

There has been quite a dismissal of Tim Henman on this thread and by people in general and i think it is wrong and inaccurate. Henman was a fantastic player whos only crime was not quite being in the top bracket. Of his 4 Wimbledon semi-final defeats, 2 were against Pete Sampras and one was against Lleyton Hewitt who were just better players. His great chance was the Ivansevic 3-day epic when, by general admission, the rain came to save Goran after he had been hammered 6-0 in the 3rd set. Bottle had nothing to do with it. I would also point out that all 4 semi-final defeats were to the eventual winner. Henman got to Number 4 in the world and was recognised as one of the best volleyers in the world. The guy was as good as he could have been and you can't ask for more than that. Really, the criticism of him is grossly unfair.

Also, i notice Murray has changed his anti-English stance now he witnessed the incredible support he got against Gascquet.

I cannot see how Nadal is more entertaining than Federer. Unless you mean his big muscles excite you. The staggering gracefulness of Federers play makes him far and away the most entertaining and beautiful player on tour. Last year was a great final but Federer was -and is- the better player. Strange how many people focus on his failure to win the French yet don't lay into Nadal for being -so far- a one surface pony.
Edited by worm