am i the only one who hopes

Guest greeneyes1980

Look man donkey nuts, there are two types of tennis. Federer is champion of one for reasons I've mentioned and you've done little to dispute apart from throw in a few authorities, which I find suspect.

You throw Federer into the other type of Tennis and he's done absolutely nothing apart from beat a few second rate Argentinians. You like Federer, I get it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The courts at Wimbledon are more like clay courts than ever hence the reason why nooke who serve volleys has got anywhere near winning recently. If Nadal wins it says more about the courts at Wimbledon rather than any comparison with Borg. The courts slightly suit Federer cos the ball doesn't bounce as high as on clay, but they still are pretty slow.

The courts at Wimbledon are more like clay courts than ever hence the reason why nooke who serve volleys has got anywhere near winning recently. If Nadal wins it says more about the courts at Wimbledon rather than any comparison with Borg. The courts slightly suit Federer cos the ball doesn't bounce as high as on clay, but they still are pretty slow.

• 1 month later...

I'm slowly growing to like his cocky,awkward attitude. Its about time Britain produced a sportsman like him i.e one who isn't either incredibly dumb or incredibly polite and dull. Plus,he seems to hate mediocrity,which might seem a blindingly obvious trait for any sportsman,but one that most Brits seem to ignore.

He played well last night,albeit it against a below par Djokovic. Hope he does well in the U.S Open. He has it in him to get far.

yeah well done Andy, played really well. Almost managed to do a typical 'Scotland' and grab defeat form the hands of victory but hung on and won well.

Dont get all the folk moaning he needs to smile more etc, he jumps about cheering etc when he smashes a brilliant winner past someone and usualyl comes across pretty well in interviews (even with his fairly boring sounding central-scotland accent!). No need to be a smiley loser (aka Henman).

Dont get all the folk moaning he needs to smile more etc, he jumps about cheering etc when he smashes a brilliant winner past someone and usualyl comes across pretty well in interviews (even with his fairly boring sounding central-scotland accent!). No need to be a smiley loser (aka Henman).

Who gives a badgers turd what his personality is like. He's a winner pure and simple. At the moment he's cutting it with the very best in the world. Britain don't have many sportsmen that are doing this right now so be thankful that somebody is putting the nation in a positive light - it doesn't happen much.

Who gives a badgers turd what his personality is like. He's a winner pure and simple. At the moment he's cutting it with the very best in the world. Britain don't have many sportsmen that are doing this right now so be thankful that somebody is putting the nation in a positive light - it doesn't happen much.

I give a badger's turd about his personality, quite clearly. Or was that a rhetorical question?

And while I am occasionally petty and nationalistic about Wales, I don't really give a toss about Britain's sporting reputation on the global scene. I really don't. I do care that someone so f**king miserable is being touted as a new British hero (until his next defeat when he will return to being known as a Scot)

I give a badger's turd about his personality, quite clearly. Or was that a rhetorical question?

And while I am occasionally petty and nationalistic about Wales, I don't really give a toss about Britain's sporting reputation on the global scene. I really don't. I do care that someone so f**king miserable is being touted as a new British hero (until his next defeat when he will return to being known as a Scot)

Edited by greeneyes1980

How is he miserable? And what has someones personality got to do with being a sports star? He seemed happy beating one of the best tennis players in the world last night and showed plenty of emotion. Just cos he has a pretty dour accent he comes across no the best, he cant do much about his accent.

he's a Scottish hero not British :D Was typical English commentator last night, first time he was called a Scot was when he got his serve broken in the second set