Any runners here?

TheGayTent

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bunique,

You can find a map of the route here

It's going to be on the 5th April next year (many people running London use it as their last preparation run). Entry will be open from November. It's usually about £15 apparently (depends if you belong to an affiliated club).

See you there! Am off to run the Wilmington 10k route tonight (unfortunately i can't do it on Sunday now as i am Granny sitting)

I had the pleasure of doing the bleep test the other day at football training. It's probably one of the most horrific things ever created by man.

I used to love doing bleep tests. Haven't done one for a few years though. Good training but it is a killer.

There's some hills in the first half, but not too steep, and the second half is supposedly flat, so it should be good for a first half marathon!

Sounds good - don't do what i did in my half and go off too quick - was fecked by 11 miles!

You got a target time in mind?

So I've set myself the target of doing three two mile runs a week, supplemented by doing weights, sit-ups and push-ups. I'm not fat, but it's certainly getting that way and this is a desperate attempt to stop the rot. I'm often knackered after about half a mile, how long will it take until I notice an improvement? And how long will it take until I notice a decline in my weight?

So I've set myself the target of doing three two mile runs a week, supplemented by doing weights, sit-ups and push-ups. I'm not fat, but it's certainly getting that way and this is a desperate attempt to stop the rot. I'm often knackered after about half a mile, how long will it take until I notice an improvement? And how long will it take until I notice a decline in my weight?

If you're doing little exercise now, and you do carry out your plan of running three times a week, you will notice improvement very very quickly. Well within a month.

Weight loss is another matter as a lot of the fat you will lose will be replaced by muscle.

• 3 weeks later...

So my race calender is beginning to fill up. Races i've entered:

Crowborough 10k - 30/11/08

Swanley Caper (4m) - 7/12/08

Ditton (7m off road) - 7/12/08 (two on the same day!)8/2/09

Dartford 10m - 18/1/09

Sidcup 10m - 8/2/09

Races soon to enter:

Tunbridge Wells 1/2 marathon - 15/2/09

Paddock Wood 1/2 marathon - 5/4/09

Darenth Valley 10k - 19/4/09

Is anybody doing/thinking of doing any of them?

How's the training coming along - Bunique? Kowalski? Iamthewalrus?

How's the training coming along - Bunique? Kowalski? Iamthewalrus?

Yeh, not bad at all. My training, along with my new diet, has made me feel fitter than I have done for at least a year which is ridiculous considering my current situation. I'm almost back down to an acceptable weight and I can go about twice the distance without stopping than I could when I first started three short weeks ago.

One thing though, I tend to find after a run my coxix is bloody sore - does that happen to anyone else or should I get it looked at? Or I could just ignore it I suppose...

Yeh, not bad at all. My training, along with my new diet, has made me feel fitter than I have done for at least a year which is ridiculous considering my current situation. I'm almost back down to an acceptable weight and I can go about twice the distance without stopping than I could when I first started three short weeks ago.

Nice one. How often you going out and what sort of time/distance are you doing?

I did a 10k last night and my hamstrings are feeling tight today - which is unusual for me. Hopefully will be better in time to go out tomorrow.

One thing though, I tend to find after a run my coxix is bloody sore - does that happen to anyone else or should I get it looked at? Or I could just ignore it I suppose...

I had an awful time with my lower back about 7 weeks back - so bad i could hardly walk, let alone train. Rested it for a month and all seems ok now. Probably should have visited the doc but figured by the time i'd managed to sort an appointment it'd be better anyway ;)

Now I rarely use the gym for treadmill/spinning/x trainer etc (as i'm always out running), I love going to the gym!

well i managed to drag myself there in the end which was good! also, tried wii fit, today, which kindly told me my wii fit age is 41, when im 25, and only a couple of stone overweight! strange!

I want to try and train for some kind of run next year. Really need to get my finger out and start running again though. Have just started a diet this monday, and would really like to lose 2 stone, I dont like many types of exercise but I do enjoy getting out and about with my ipod on so that should help!

I may have to get some kind of support for my ankle though as it was broken earlier in the year, and it kinda aches from time to time, I do worry about hurting it badly again.

I want to try and train for some kind of run next year. Really need to get my finger out and start running again though. Have just started a diet this monday, and would really like to lose 2 stone, I dont like many types of exercise but I do enjoy getting out and about with my ipod on so that should help!

I may have to get some kind of support for my ankle though as it was broken earlier in the year, and it kinda aches from time to time, I do worry about hurting it badly again.

I joined "Jog Scotland" running club, they are bound to have branches down your way. A great running club for all sorts of runners, from beginners through to elite.

10 mile training run yesterday morning in 1.26. No ill effects today, things are going ok.

How is everyone else's training going?

Moved up to the elite group in my running club and it nearly killed me! 7 miles in an hour is a very brisk pace for me considering its just a training run.

I joined "Jog Scotland" running club, they are bound to have branches down your way. A great running club for all sorts of runners, from beginners through to elite.

i dont think i fancy running with other people while im a panting mess at the beginning!

I also work irregular evenings so none of the evening clubs would really suit me :O

I still havent been for a run, but im gonna get an ankle support tomoro so i have no more excuses to put it off!