yusaf islam

Guest cidy

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Anyway, in light of the blurring of what he meant, despite the length of time since he said them, some of the quotes attributed to him, joking or not, means I'll def not be seeing him now. He's had plenty of time to apologise to Rushdie and still fails to do so it seems. 

We get it 

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Sorry, I don't understand where this shift into talking about monarchy has come from?

monarchy is a little bit topical right now. 😛 

On 4/30/2023 at 9:22 AM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Not much worse than wishing someone death for writing a fictional book... 😅

Agreed.. that cannot be acceptable. I suppose what I'm saying is whilst this was a stupid point of religious principle, we have many of us 'worshipped' at the stage performances of several who have actually committed awful crimes.

6 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I thought I'd made it clear why the old clip and the desert island discs interview only regurgitates what I already said were his defence.

He'd claimed he had been misquoted/framed or was just simply joking - which again he repeats in the clip you've just posted. Neither are true in that discussion I sent. He was asked a clear and direct question and he said Rushdie would deserve to die.

Robertson: You don't think that this man deserves to die?

Y. Islam: Who, Salman Rushdie?

Robertson: Yes.

Y. Islam: Yes, yes.

Robertson: And do you have a duty to be his executioner?

Y. Islam: Uh, no, not necessarily, unless we were in an Islamic state and I was ordered by a judge or by the authority to carry out such an act – perhaps, yes.

I know the clip is old, but it sounds like he did say it was deserved. He even says it again in the DID interview, that he can't rewrite the laws of Islam.

Not much of a disclaimer or misquote or joke, more like, I'd not kill him in the UK but I'd kill him Iran.

For example, do you genuinely think he sounds like he's joking or misquoted/framed in the old clip I sent?

Tldr 

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Agreed.. that cannot be acceptable. I suppose what I'm saying is whilst this was a stupid point of religious principle, we have many of us 'worshipped' at the stage performances of several who have actually committed awful crimes.

Very true. Biggest example would be Michael Jackson. If he'd headlined, it woulda been rammed.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON