Where's our weather thread?

Guest leland

The answer is yes, and yes.

I'll summon him onto these boards tomorrow as his public deserves an answer and I'm not going to be the one to break it to them

(although some would argue I already have, but nobody noticed...)

Edited by paddydog

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought it was quite a funny page myself even tho he wont do the official weather page for us this year,

although he always has and altho its quite funny

he does get it from met check and met check have their own festival part

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/event_...asp?eventID=107

as we know

Erm real shame about Weatherwatch going to ground. Big Congrats to him though! :D

He'll be at Glasto, but with NO predictions beforehand -- check the WW link ...

In the meantime, I plan to instantly ostracise and excoriate anyone** who YET AGAIN!!! quotes that Metcheck 'forecast' any time before mid May at the earliest.

**and very possibly KILL ...

How many times? As any kind of workable forecast for 'Glastonbury Festival 2007', that Metcheck link is fukken meaningless at this stage!!! :O

Cheers Langdale btw ....

Oh and anyone looking out of the window NOW, and claiming any good projections from THAT, can button it.

Peaking too early from a limited ration of High Pressure areas ... !!!!

:D

</miserable old git mode .... :DB) >

Edited by William of Walworth

Hello hello

So I'm sorry. I have looked at ways of trying to do it from abroad and everything (I even abandoned HTML for a blog), but I think my marriage would have a shorter expectancy than a tent pitched at the bottom of Pennard's Hill in a thunderstorm if I did the site on my honeymoon. See www.glastoweatherwatch.co.uk for details.

But I did get tickets, I will be there (look for the flag!) and I will be doing it again in 2008.

To be honest, WoW has a longer pedigree than me in forecasting anyway, so stick to the (hopefully solitary) weather thread on eFests and you won't go far wrong.

Oh, and for those emailing me and saying I planned my wedding badly - why else would I be getting married in April if not so I could be back in time for Glasto? That, my friends, is prioritisation.

Thanks for the posts / emails etc - very kind and appreciated.

See you down the front for Arcade Fire.

Weatherwatch

Erm real shame about Weatherwatch going to ground. Big Congrats to him though! :)

He'll be at Glasto, but with NO predictions beforehand -- check the WW link ...

In the meantime, I plan to instantly ostracise and excoriate anyone** who YET AGAIN!!! quotes that Metcheck 'forecast' any time before mid May at the earliest.

**and very possibly KILL ...

How many times? As any kind of workable forecast for 'Glastonbury Festival 2007', that Metcheck link is fukken meaningless at this stage!!! :D

Cheers Langdale btw ....

Oh and anyone looking out of the window NOW, and claiming any good projections from THAT, can button it.

Peaking too early from a limited ration of High Pressure areas ... !!!!

:O

</miserable old git mode .... :DB) >

I love these weather threads :O Even though we have absolutely no way of knowing what it'll be like, I can guarantee that people will still be posting here every single day until the fest B)

It's gonna be a hot one!!!

Chemical Woody is a long time friend of mine, and shares the same obsessive personality disorders that I do, so we get on well. He's also a one man ticketing machine, and largely responsible for me being able to go the festival in 2003 and 2005.

He's only called Chemical Woody at Glasto, because when it rains he dons his full on chemical suit (see pic).

2005 was amazing.

Despite the fact that I have absolutely no desire to ever have to go through that again, I am very glad that I did so I can look back on it.

The thunderstorm was unreal. The rivers of water flying down the hills, portaloos half submerged in water and bits of tents flying down the rivers of water. Absolutely beyond belief, I have never seen anything like that in my life. That field between the Other Stage and the Dance Village was just total carnage. Having been an idiot and forgotten my wellies I spent the friday wading through that, and of course slipping over on countless occaisons. I eventually bit the bullet and queued for about 1.5 hours for a pair of wellies, well worth the wait as I never fell over again all weekend!

I can honestly say, without a doubt, that that is the single most surreal thing I have ever seen.

HEHE i loved the weather thread in 2005. People were having actual meteorological arguments and we had people from the weather forums commentating. Then we had three days of Sahara sunshine and a f**king monsoon.

Surely no year was worse than 2005?? I walked to the cash points during the storm and it was seriously scarey. Rivers, mudslides 360 degree forked lightning people running around screaming. Then you couldn;t walk between stages without it taking two hours and losing 3 pairs of boots. Wish i new how to post pics on here, i hae this wicked one with a don;t walk on the grass sign stuck in 3 acres of brown mud in front of the other stage!

OK...

This website is nothing to do with Bruce or me and we can't vouch for the quality of the humour yet (meteorological awareness was never a pre-requisite), but it does have his endorsement as these are the only people to have made a real effort to put a decent replacement in place.

They also had the sense to respectfully link back to GWW on their website, and not directly rip off anything from it.

Don't expect to see the creators of this particular site posting too much stuff on these boards :P...

but nevertheless...

the glasto festival forecast