Where's our weather thread?

Guest leland

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Is there any scientific basis for my somewhat paranoid fear that we're using all the good weather up too early/peaking too early?"

;) no, none at all, and while I am going to remain typically non-commital, there does seem to be a decent chance of being a hot, and drier than average summer. The only problem with that is, it doesn't mean that we might not get the odd weekend of heavy rain....in terms of a decent forecast for Glastonbury weekend itself, I wouldn't listen to anything until maybe two weeks before it starts, and even then the forecast is likely to be changed a fair bit. Generally, five days in advance is when I would start to trust a region specific forecast. I shall, of course, post anything I hear in the meantime!!

"And what do you think of that Sky forecast of dry/warm June that sundaypapers was talking about??"

See above, really; might be a bit of truth in it, but doesn't necessarily have any bearing on Glasto itself, unfortunately!

Thanks for this. Positive!! ;)

Personally I'm a fan of 27C plus temps, but I'll sacrifice those for 5C cooler, IF we have NO RAIN, and plenty of SUN.

Yes thats right, ZERo rain.

Whatsoever.

At all.

No compromises.

Anyone wittering on about wanting 'a little shower' or 'a bit of rain' to 'cool things down' or 'damp down the dust' can get stuffed.

Wish for a 'shower' and you're more likely than not to get a mudbath.

It can be as hot sweaty and dusty as it likes rather than that.

So when shall we rope in the net-weather folks again? We need Steve Murr (I think that was his name?) back on here like in '05!

Looks like GlastoFestivalForecast may have given up, or they're just waiting for something interesting to come along.

Perhaps it's time to rekindle the unholy alliance between the festival geeks and the weather geeks!

So when shall we rope in the net-weather folks again? We need Steve Murr (I think that was his name?) back on here like in '05!

Looks like GlastoFestivalForecast may have given up, or they're just waiting for something interesting to come along.

Perhaps it's time to rekindle the unholy alliance between the festival geeks and the weather geeks!

There are RULES people that apply - science or not...those rules are that it rains on bank holidays and during glastonbury...did we or did we not have the nicest weeks in a row for the last 4 weeks before the bank holiday and yet..how was your bank holiday, was it raining? rules I tell ya!

The end is near and its gonna rain! :P

There are RULES people that apply - science or not...those rules are that it rains on bank holidays and during glastonbury...did we or did we not have the nicest weeks in a row for the last 4 weeks before the bank holiday and yet..how was your bank holiday, was it raining? rules I tell ya!

The end is near and its gonna rain! :P

Edited by William of Walworth

You coming to test the weather in Headcorn WOW ?

< push button >

oh so it is not related that the pollution from that many cars congregating onto one area cause the clouds to be heavier and burst open????

</ push button >

oh that was fun..I now know where WoW lives as I just saw him shoot 100ft straight in the air screaming

:P