Where's our weather thread?

Guest leland

You started what looked exactly like a brand new thread dedicated to that (excellent) new glasto weather forecast site.

A site that has been flagged up on this thread and discussed here on this thread already, and can be discussed again.

In that other thread, you showed no sign whatsoever of having any awareness of this thread's existence. Or of any other weather threads!

I got pissed off about that yesterday but actually I'm happy to apologise to you if I was rude.

I already apologised above for being a bit of a thread nazi about it, but IMO efestivals is infested with a fair number of duplicate threads, in my 5 year experience worse than a lot of other forums. Duplicate threads which either are, or look as if they are, started by people who can't be arsed to check for existing ones.

If you didn't want yours to resemble that, you should have made appearances a lot less deceptive :P

And what's this "we'd all appreciate ...." stuff anyway? I was only speaking for myself and never claimed otherwise. You're only speaking for yourself and should be honest enough to say so.

You're entitled to your opinion that I'm being a buffoon (a first for me, this one, but clearly you're speaking for the silent efestivals masses ... :( ). Or that I'm flouncing, whatever that's supposed to mean in this context (I'm not going anywhere :P ).

Just as I was entitled to mine at the time and I said it yesterday.

But I can apologise now cos it's clearly pissed you off and having said my bit I don't want a war with you about it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for now we can rejoice & start buying suncream. Don't worry if the forecast changes. As it gets closer to Glastonbury time, if it looks like it's going be bad, we'll just lie, because it will make you feel better & happy, and that's what we at Glastonbury Festival Forecast are all about
Edited by William of Walworth

They say it's likely we're in for a hot summer...but no forecast now will accurately predict the actual weather conditions over that weekend. We just have to hope we hit the jackpot. For me, that's just staying dry. Please please lord keep it dry!!

In 2005 the 7-day forecast DID predict storms for the Friday morning, so a lot of people did actually prepare and camped on higher ground and brought wellies. I'll do the same this year - look at the 7 day forecast which are pretty accurate and pack accordingly.

yea true, they are basis this infor of 65% chance of rain because the european monsoon season ends on the glastonbury weekend and so there is a chance rain will be about, ut it could also be the beggining of the hot weather

I live about 16 miles away from Pilton. In the last 3 days the forecast has changed at least once, sometimes twice a day.

The weather will do what it feels like, just be prepared and its not a problem.

In saying all this though, it is the tenth anniversary since 1997 ( just for you William :D )

as long as it doesn't piss it down for the weeks before, therefore turning the place into a quagmire I can deal with a spot of wet

We are however Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong overdue some bright heat

but last time we all got burnt and melted into the dusty floor though

There is no quota or ration of good weather! The weather being nice now doesn't mean it's going to be used up or anything like that. It doesn't affect how the weather's going to be at Glasto time.

And as many others have said, you can't accurately predict the weather almost 2 months in advance - even a couple of days before the festival the weather reports probably won't be that accurate. So relax and stop worrying!

Have you been to these forums before caz1984? Sorry but I had to ask.

Pointlessly speculating about the weather is part of the Glasto frequenter's constitution (and lo, a river did fall unto those sweaty revellers) (hopefully not). We all know that a) there's no accurate form of prediction and :lol: we can't stop it whatever the weather wil be. But right now, worrying about the weather at Glastonbury Festival is my universe-given right and I plan on exerting it thoroughly.

;)