Where's our weather thread?

Guest leland

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early signals suggest possibly so ... :D:)

Posted by goaty, the wrongun, in an unnecessary new thread ...

check this out:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...=seasonal;sess=

this is the best quote "The most likely period for sustained warmth is late June/early July"

we use these kind of forecasts at work and they have predicted the current weather with an amazing degree of accuracy some months ago.

apologies for my misposting. i meant no harm.

june is meant to be the driest month of the summer so it's likely that even if the rainfall is above average in the north and west it could all fall in august, which is meant to be the most unsettled month.

anyway, it's gonna be sunny cos i'm going. i've been 5 times and i only experienced one light shower the whole time. i am a sun talisman.

Today's Guardian has an 8 page supplement about weather, and a send-off-three-mastheads offer to get a free copy of "We are the weather makers" by Tim Flannery. Might improve our general understanding of how to interpret weather reports...

Off you go paddydog and sort that disappointing forecast out.

Don't come back til you get a better one -- one with RELIABLE warmth and sunshine! ;):lol:

And how do you reconcile the throwaway oneliner :) in GFF's latest update about "a big lump of rain predicted before the festival" (exactly when that might be, is not specified) with the BBC's 4 week forecast, which shows no sign of any rain up to the 17th? Surely a Glasto forecast worthy of its name would discuss the buildup period as well as the festie period itself, in more detail. We, and crew people, NEED to know whether it'll be muddy on arrival or not ...

15C (as in the GFF's latest) is mingingly chilly for June ... :P

hey Ive found the thread-

Cant believe 2 years have passed since I posted the weather for Glasto 2005-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Will do an update on the glasto on the weather closer to the time--

closer to home

BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY SHOCKER-

Im expecting the B-hol to be a washout for most of England & wales- Strong North Easterly winds & top temps around 12C!!!

:)

S

Edited by steve murr

hey Ive found the thread-

Cant believe 2 years have passed since I posted the weather for Glasto 2005-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Will do an update on the glasto on the weather closer to the time--

closer to home

BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY SHOCKER-

Im expecting the B-hol to be a washout for most of England & wales- Strong North Easterly winds & top temps around 12C!!!

:)

S