Jump to content
Mattymooz

First Announcement Prediction Game

Recommended Posts

1. Foo Fighters

2. Royal Blood

3. Catfish and The Bottlemenn

4. Arctic Monkeys

5. Don Broco

6. The Amazons

7. Paramore

8. Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

9. Courteeners

10. alt-J

11. Kendrick Lamar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jjoshwhite said:

1. Foo Fighters

2. Royal Blood

3. Catfish and The Bottlemenn

4. Arctic Monkeys

5. Don Broco

6. The Amazons

7. Paramore

8. Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

9. Courteeners

10. alt-J

11. Kendrick Lamar

nee way that'll be the first announcement if only 11 acts are on it

edit: just realised you've got Foos, Arctics, Kendrick, Royal Blood AND Paramore. At least 1/2 of those has to give.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

nee way that'll be the first announcement if only 11 acts are on it

edit: just realised you've got Foos, Arctics, Kendrick, Royal Blood AND Paramore. At least 1/2 of those has to give.

He's probably assuming we're getting the big poster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

aye but even still, he's predicted Foos, Arctics, Kendrick, Royal Blood and Paramore

Ah yeah was just replying to the first point haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH I aint sure how useful this thread is anymore as we have no idea what the first announcement is gonna look like lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember last year when someone turd on the dance stage leaked the dance stage lineup in the form of the big poster with day/stage splits so I started a new prediction game in that form and then the poster came and it wasn't even like that ffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

nee way that'll be the first announcement if only 11 acts are on it

edit: just realised you've got Foos, Arctics, Kendrick, Royal Blood AND Paramore. At least 1/2 of those has to give.

Yeah, was a bit of a push putting all 4 of those. I’m more inclined to think it’ll be Royal Blood/Paramore, Foo’s and Kendrick. Can’t see Royal Blood being an outright headliner, nor can I see Arctics playing headline if Paramore are as that’s too similar to 2014. I’m certain Royal Blood will be there, they’d be silly to not book them, hence why I think it’ll perhaps be Paramore as co-headline with RB leaving Arctics out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone think we should have one again where we predict day splits etc incase they do announce the whole thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Does anyone think we should have one again where we predict day splits etc incase they do announce the whole thing

I guess? what top 3 main, top 2 nme and top 1 everything else? I dunno what they would even announce lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Does anyone think we should have one again where we predict day splits etc incase they do announce the whole thing

i can't see them announcing day splits in the first announcement tbh bc they'll still probably want to get 3 main announcements out of it with the day splits probably coming in the second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know my last post here was that it's near impossible to predict but I'm gonna post it anyway, I reckon the first announcement will be the size of 2 normal announcements in 1, announcing 2 headliners and around 20 other acts. I'm assuming Dan's info is wrong. If it's right then I'd have a very different prediction. This is what I'm thinking:

Foo Fighters
Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons (coheadline)
Chvrches
Travi$ Scott
Wolf Alice
Silk City
SZA
Don Broco
Mastodon
Nothing But Thieves
Gorgon City
Hannah Wants
Death From Above
Peace
Declan McKenna
Dave
Wretch 32
Tonight Alive
Killswitch Engage
The Gaslight Anthem (playing The 59 sound in full)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know my last post here was that it's near impossible to predict but I'm gonna post it anyway, I reckon the first announcement will be the size of 2 normal announcements in 1, announcing 2 headliners and around 20 other acts. I'm assuming Dan's info is wrong. If it's right then I'd have a very different prediction. This is what I'm thinking:

Foo Fighters
Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons (coheadline)
Chvrches
Travi$ Scott
Wolf Alice
Silk City
SZA
Don Broco
Mastodon
Nothing But Thieves
Gorgon City
Hannah Wants
Death From Above
Peace
Declan McKenna
Dave
Wretch 32
Tonight Alive
Killswitch Engage
The Gaslight Anthem (playing The 59 sound in full)

Looks like a good shout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foo Fighters

Kendrick Lamar 

Vampire Weekend

Courteeners

Panic! at the disco

Wolf Alice 

Post Malone 

Enter Shikari

Everything Everything 

J Hus 

Joey Bada$$

Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes 

Kygo 

Marmozets 

The Sherlocks 

Fickle Friends 

Black Honey 

Redfaces

This how many we'd get if they announced 2 headliners imo. About 18 acts seems reasonable but the format is still unknown so i'm just going off what i was thinking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know my last post here was that it's near impossible to predict but I'm gonna post it anyway, I reckon the first announcement will be the size of 2 normal announcements in 1, announcing 2 headliners and around 20 other acts. I'm assuming Dan's info is wrong. If it's right then I'd have a very different prediction. This is what I'm thinking:

Foo Fighters
Royal Blood / Imagine Dragons (coheadline)
Chvrches
Travi$ Scott
Wolf Alice
Silk City
SZA
Don Broco
Mastodon
Nothing But Thieves
Gorgon City
Hannah Wants
Death From Above
Peace
Declan McKenna
Dave
Wretch 32
Tonight Alive
Killswitch Engage
The Gaslight Anthem (playing The 59 sound in full)

Foos played in 2016 so unlikely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gsloth said:

i was there m8

Well I dunno who you were watching but it wasn't Foo Fighters, because they didn't play.

reading_2016_line-up_digital.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Well I dunno who you were watching but it wasn't Foo Fighters, because they didn't play.

reading_2016_line-up_digital.jpg

Secret set, nme stage i think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×