1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

Wait so they got rid of V Healthy? That sucks, it was always overpriced in there but the food was lush. The MTV Stage field was always far too flat to get a good view so I'm not surprised they've ditched the idea of having music in that field. The sound bleed to other parts of the fest from the MTV Stage was awful too, not sure that'd be helped by moving it closer to the Main Stage and Arena though.

No it was still there just significantly smaller.  MTV stage move seemed to work well with the amount of people there. I didn't notice sound from either of the other two main stages no matter which one I was at, though I was always around the sound tent. 

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting you mention SGP. How big is that festival and does it have camping.

Victoria Park in warrington, ,the venue for V95 has had planning permission for a 2 day non camping festival next year. 

Maybe it's V on a scaled down level without camping. The SGP location could be south venue.

https://warringtonmusic.co.uk/2017/07/07/revealed-sjm-ltd-plans-to-host-music-event-at-victoria-park-in-may/

Edited by Mr Nasty
Include news link

10 hours ago, Mr Nasty said:

Interesting you mention SGP. How big is that festival and does it have camping.

Victoria Park in warrington, ,the venue for V95 has had planning permission for a 2 day non camping festival next year. 

Maybe it's V on a scaled down level without camping. The SGP location could be south venue.

https://warringtonmusic.co.uk/2017/07/07/revealed-sjm-ltd-plans-to-host-music-event-at-victoria-park-in-may/

SGP has a daily capacity of 32000. Camping and set in 220 acres. 

Seems to be that Fellowes will be doing his own new innovative event on the site though. 

Edited by craigb

@Zac Quinn This is how they took the old VHealthy area and incorporated the comedy tent into it. They had closed off the entrance gates next to it where the Strongbow rooms and Carling Pub used to be years ago. It was quite dead down there this year. By the way - thanks for clashfinder - much easier working off paper in the rain than getting my phone wet. And I had a spare copy which I gave to some girls on the shuttle bus - they were delighted!

2017-08-19-595.jpg

2017-08-19-594.jpg

3 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

Feels odd not trying to decide if i'm getting next years ticket this week.  Was always a welcome distraction from work! 

Yep - always enjoyed the smugness of knowing that whatever good and bad things the next year throws at me - my ticket for V was in the bag!