NOS Alive! 2017

On 12/04/2017 at 2:00 PM, neontiger8 said:

+ You Can't Win, Charlie Brown

Sounds alright, but I wonder whether there are some international acts in store for us...

It would be amazing ! I notice that Gogol Bordello have a hole in their calendar on 7th July. It would be ace ! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, gabsgabs said:

I´m actually going by myself  for the two first days, has anyone else in here ever done that? 

Last year we had a merging between the couchsurfing and the camp unknown group. I went by myself but met some very nice people :)

26 minutes ago, Incpdc said:

I need more loud rock. Only foo fighters and Royal Blood imo... 20 indie bands it's enought to get bored and go to sleep early :(

Check out The Cult mate ;) Benjamin Booker plays rock'n'roll too. 

So according to the line-up stage by stage on the website, I guess there's another name coming for Palco NOS stage on 8th July, and another name for Palco Heineken stage on 7th July, isn't it ?!

What about You Me At Six ? They wanted to come back this year : https://canoticias.pt/entretenimento/you-me-at-six-anunciam-presenca-no-nos-alive-17/

2 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Check out The Cult mate ;) Benjamin Booker plays rock'n'roll too. 

So according to the line-up stage by stage on the website, I guess there's another name coming for Palco NOS stage on 8th July, and another name for Palco Heineken stage on 7th July, isn't it ?!

What about You Me At Six ? They wanted to come back this year : https://canoticias.pt/entretenimento/you-me-at-six-anunciam-presenca-no-nos-alive-17/

I think The cult it's more classic rock and Benjamin Booker it's rock & roll.

I really want something like Biffy Clyro (they 're going to repeat at FIB Festival this year), Frank Carter, Lonely the brave antd You met at six as well

I don't know much about what's going on, but what's up with that band competition they're having? Is it anual that a new Portugese band gets to play the festival if they win that competition and when and where are they placing that band? I'm guessing that band will open the Heineken on the 6th but idk.. 

Amount of names to be expected and guesses:

July 6th:

Heineken (1): a Portugese band?

July 7th:

Heineken (1): Foster The People? The Jesus & Mary Chain? Solange? Jake Bugg? G-Eazy? idk, something stronger than Warpaint

July 8th:

NOS (1): a strong dance act to close the fest, Royksopp? Soulwax? Moderat? MIA?

I want to say here that last night's Eurovision winner Salvador Sobral is awesome !! I usually watch Eurovision for fun (Epic Sax Guy and WTF bands), but I think this is the first time I seriously love an artist ! I looked at his calendar, he plays in Lisboa on 2nd July but he has nothing on 7th July. Is there a chance to see him at NOS Alive ?? Or his sister Luisa Sobral ? 

I wish I could see other powerful Portuguese artists this year at NOS Alive ! Very satisfied with Tiago Bettencourt. Do you recommend some artists ?

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

I want to say here that last night's Eurovision winner Salvador Sobral is awesome !! I usually watch Eurovision for fun (Epic Sax Guy and WTF bands), but I think this is the first time I seriously love an artist ! I looked at his calendar, he plays in Lisboa on 2nd July but he has nothing on 7th July. Is there a chance to see him at NOS Alive ?? Or his sister Luisa Sobral ? 

I wish I could see other powerful Portuguese artists this year at NOS Alive ! Very satisfied with Tiago Bettencourt. Do you recommend some artists ?

I honestly want him to see aswell, he made such an awesome performance last night with his breakable and emotional song. I would loveee to see him at NOS!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2017 at 10:17 AM, neontiger8 said:

I'm hoping they are not announcing a few decent acts so they can lead the announcement with the full line-up. However, my feeling says this is it....

They have not announced any acts for the clubbing stage. So there is that.

It's our first festival outside the UK.

Was interested to know from others who have been to NOS Alive what time of day does the music start.  I've heard it's a lot later than what you'd expect in the UK.  Was thinking of doing a bit sightseeing & chilling early in the day then off to the festival.

Kind of want to know what to expect and be prepared!  Any guidance appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by Richard & Julie