NOS Alive! 2017

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, NomadicMan said:

I'd like something a bit rockier to be announced. The number of indie bands on the bill is huge now...

It sounds like a paradise for Primavera buddies ! I totally agree with you ! Need some rock'n'roll !  For the moment, we've got only Foo Fighters, Royal Blood and maybe some Cage The Elephant as loud rock'n'roll. (I don't put The Kills and Savages in this category, I mean they don't make the crowd go wild)

Indie : The XX, Alt-J, Phoenix, Blossoms, Glass Animals, Rhye, Warpaint, Wild Beasts, Local Native, Peaches, Spoon (and last Kodaline stuff too)

Folk and not loud rock : Ryan Adams, Kodaline, The Kills, Fleet Foxes, Savages

Loud rock : Royal Blood, Foo Fighters, Cage The Elephant

Electro : Parov Stelar, Depeche Mode

Other : The Weeknd, Imagine Dragons

(Some bands could appear in several categories of course, anyway)

Great line-up but clearly not balanced !

I can't agree on all the categories. However I do agree that some heavier bands would be welcome.

Anyway, the balancing of acts doesn't really bother me. I'm especially missing the main stage-acts on the 7th and 8th. I'm really curious what they will come up with and if there's a surprising act in store for us.

6 hours ago, Tremousse said:

It sounds like a paradise for Primavera buddies ! I totally agree with you ! Need some rock'n'roll !  For the moment, we've got only Foo Fighters, Royal Blood and maybe some Cage The Elephant as loud rock'n'roll. (I don't put The Kills and Savages in this category, I mean they don't make the crowd go wild)

Indie : The XX, Alt-J, Phoenix, Blossoms, Glass Animals, Rhye, Warpaint, Wild Beasts, Local Native, Peaches, Spoon (and last Kodaline stuff too)

Folk and not loud rock : Ryan Adams, Kodaline, The Kills, Fleet Foxes, Savages

Loud rock : Royal Blood, Foo Fighters, Cage The Elephant

Electro : Parov Stelar, Depeche Mode

Other : The Weeknd, Imagine Dragons

(Some bands could appear in several categories of course, anyway)

Great line-up but clearly not balanced !

Have you ever been to a Savages gig? It gets pretty insane...to call them 'not so loud rock' is quite ridiculous. 

10 minutes ago, Max1970 said:

Does anybody know at what time Depeche Mode will start?

I couldn't find it anywhere officialy but I red they could start at midnight...is it possible?

If I remember it correctly Depeche Mode didn't want to close Rock Werchter a few years ago. They could have changed their mind, but there might be a late act coming after them. A bit like M83 after Arcade Fire last year

1 minute ago, arcuse said:

Meh, I honestly like the variety that there's going on this year.. Feel like the indie genre was even more present last year if you look at the line up.. Im expecting/hoping for some strong rock and electro announcements soon.. :)

I'm lookingforward to it but I don't feel the lineup is as strong as last year at the moment. Don't get me wrong, loads of good stuff on there but nothing has got me massively excited yet. Down to personal taste of course!

Hm, depends on if Depeche Mode is going to play a full set from 2/3h long or not. Pixies got 1h45, Radiohead 2h and Arcade Fire got 1h45. Im thinking The XX are gonna get 1,5hish with The Weeknd also having 1,5h ish, Foo's full set of 2,5-3h and DM 2h.. A dance act behind DM sounds nice but idk if that's gonna happen.. You still have the tent for dance acts aswell so idek

Could Soulwax make a return? They're doing festivals again with a new record, Kodaline is a repeater so idk if they could aswell

16 hours ago, grumpykrogan said:

Have you ever been to a Savages gig? It gets pretty insane...to call them 'not so loud rock' is quite ridiculous. 

I was too lazy to create a post punk category (or whatever we can call it, they have a particular sound). But yes it's loud, but I should have hadd "n'roll" to be more correct. Very different of Foo Fighters for exemple. I saw them  last year at Rock Werchter yes, but they didn't make the crowd go wild. They played after a wonderful rock'n'roll band called The Struts (not on the same stage), maybe it has a role in it. (Courtney Barnett was also after The Struts, same for her) . RW was also my 4th festival in a row, and the two first fests of last years were Download and Hellfest... So I've seen many rock bands which move more the crowd in the 3 previous weekends... As JusticeforDave says, we need some big riffs ! (Airbourne would be perfect ! And their calendar allows it !)

Anyway, I'll probably go to give em a second chance at NOS ;) Don't pay attention to categories, I just did it to show how many indie bands are on the line-up compared to other kinds of music, but it's obviously arguable and details need to be added and I didn't want to put a name in several categories or it would be totally confusing, and we don't care ahah ! 

I hope for Depeche Mode to start late in the evening so that we could have another great act in the evening. I wish Glen Hansard could come after his tour with Eddie Vedder, he's  insane.

54 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

I was too lazy to create a post punk category (or whatever we can call it, they have a particular sound). But yes it's loud, but I should have hadd "n'roll" to be more correct. Very different of Foo Fighters for exemple. I saw them  last year at Rock Werchter yes, but they didn't make the crowd go wild. They played after a wonderful rock'n'roll band called The Struts (not on the same stage), maybe it has a role in it. (Courtney Barnett was also after The Struts, same for her) . RW was also my 4th festival in a row, and the two first fests of last years were Download and Hellfest... So I've seen many rock bands which move more the crowd in the 3 previous weekends... As JusticeforDave says, we need some big riffs ! (Airbourne would be perfect ! And their calendar allows it !)

Anyway, I'll probably go to give em a second chance at NOS ;) 

Fair enough, I've seen them twice at their own gigs and once at a fest in London and every time it was crazy. Maybe festivals where they are less known are quieter. Hope you'll enjoy them this time :)

11 hours ago, spacedementia said:

+ The Cult and Tiago Bettencourt(Portuguese singer).

Both are playing on the 7th (main stage)

It was announced in the news

The Cult ??? Seriously ??? We asked for rock'n'rol... Wow !!! I didn't expect them ! AMAZING !