Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

Looking at the full poster there's absolutely loads on there for me so I can't complain really:

RHCP, Weeknd, Kasabian, Foals, Crystal Fighters, Stormzy, LG, Bonobo, Ride, Courteeners, Kaytranada, Dua Lipa, Pete Doherty, Blossoms, Mura Masa, Slaves, Tyler, Dec Mckenna, Sunflower Bean.

...and there's more names to come AND I haven't even listened to some of the acts down the bottom to find out if I like em yet or not!

Pass me the sangria

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, if Foals hadn't been announced on the lineup yet, and they just got announced today as the 4th headliner, I'm pretty sure most people would be happy with it.

It's the way that've done it, as per usual, which has caused a bit of disappointment.

I count 10 on there which I want to see and there must be 30+ names to announce. The only thing it's missing this year is a bit of nostalgia e.g. The Coral / Travis / Manics of recent lineups, hopefully that will come with the next announcement.

Are we sure there's 30 more names to come (as @andytommo and @Toto Schillaci said)? I feel like this might be it as far as international acts go, with maybe 5-10 to come.

Hope I'm wrong, as this lineup has ended up dreadful for me. Deadmau5, Courteeners, Liam G, Stormzy, Slaves I all actively dislike, with almost everything else = meh. It's missing a lot of the 'credible' acts of past years.

But I'm happy most of you are all happy, so you don't need to downvote me :) haha. 

1 minute ago, gregory said:

Are we sure there's 30 more names to come (as @andytommo and @Toto Schillaci said)? I feel like this might be it as far as international acts go, with maybe 5-10 to come.

Hope I'm wrong, as this lineup has ended up dreadful for me. Deadmau5, Courteeners, Liam G, Stormzy, Slaves I all actively dislike, with almost everything else = meh. It's missing a lot of the 'credible' acts of past years.

But I'm happy most of you are all happy, so you don't need to downvote me :) haha. 

Count them compared to previous years

Way I see it if you hate it don't go , if you are not sure go and check some bands you are not sure about , you mind find someone you like . I've seen worse line ups and enjoyed myself every fucking time . See you down the front , I'll be the old fat sweaty one , peace , out x

I wonder why the Weeknd doesn't have Beni listed on his live dates page?  Has everything else on there.  Trying to see how accurate the Clashfinder is.  Looks like a really strong Thursday on there at the moment which is different to the past few years.  Things def confirmed are:

Twin Peaks on the Thursday

Ride on the Thursday

Foals on Friday

Los Plan and Deadmau5 on Fri (because of co-headline with Foals)

That's all I can see as confirmed, but there may be many more...

Just now, HappyWednesday said:

I wonder why the Weeknd doesn't have Beni listed on his live dates page?  Has everything else on there.  Trying to see how accurate the Clashfinder is.  Looks like a really strong Thursday on there at the moment which is different to the past few years.  Things def confirmed are:

Twin Peaks on the Thursday

Ride on the Thursday

Foals on Friday

Los Plan and Deadmau5 on Fri (because of co-headline with Foals)

That's all I can see as confirmed, but there may be many more...

Liam Gallagher will probably play the same day as Ride 

plus RHCP on Saturday 

4 hours ago, gedkelly said:

Way I see it if you hate it don't go , if you are not sure go and check some bands you are not sure about , you mind find someone you like . I've seen worse line ups and enjoyed myself every fucking time . See you down the front , I'll be the old fat sweaty one , peace , out x

Hear hear mate! Bought my ticket in Nov solely on RHCP, so will enjoy them, + Weekend/Foals/Kasabian are all good too,I'm  just disappointed with yesterdays announcement, especially with their cop-out 4th headliner.  But already found some good stuff I like on the bottom few lines though, and I'll keep investigating. Appreciate any recommendations :) 

8 hours ago, Nesser said:

50 international acts (at least) last year. So yeah, about 50% yet to come.

Great news! I just counted again (http://fiberfib.com/en/noticia.php?n=44), and including DJ's there were 58(ish) non-Spanish acts. So still a bunch on international stuff to come :) Not saying I won't watch and enjoy the Spanish acts, just nice to know a few bands from your discog before you get there! 

Last year there were 2 more main announcements after a March 16th one;

• Thu 7th Apr 2016: Jess Glynne, Soulwax, The Kills, The Coral, Rat Boy, Dan Deacon, Walking on Cars, Little Simz, Mr Oizo, The Magician, John Talabot, Ryan Hemsworth
  • Tue 10th May 2016: Echo and the Bunnymen, Band Of Skulls, The Soft Moon, Breakbot, Tijuana Panthers

6 hours ago, gregory said:

Hear hear mate! Bought my ticket in Nov solely on RHCP, so will enjoy them, + Weekend/Foals/Kasabian are all good too,I'm  just disappointed with yesterdays announcement, especially with their cop-out 4th headliner.  But already found some good stuff I like on the bottom few lines though, and I'll keep investigating. Appreciate any recommendations :) 

I've watched and enjoyed bands I had never heard/heard of/or liked !!! Tinie Tempah/lily Allen/the horrors/Brandon Flowers/ASIWYFA and loads more were all so far off my radar and were fantastic ! Florence/the streets/Jamie t/Julian Casablanca and more I deffinately didn't like and they blew me away and more besides . Get pissed get stoned get whatever you want just do it with a little bit of respect and you will have the time of your life 

Has anyone else noticed that on the Facebook advert for the festival, Love of Lesbian has been removed from the highest tier non-headline acts and moved to the lowest tier section? Is there any chance this could hint at maybe a replacement for that spot?

17353576_1222622874451976_5735155240373334765_n.jpg

23 hours ago, Twice said:

Has anyone else noticed that on the Facebook advert for the festival, Love of Lesbian has been removed from the highest tier non-headline acts and moved to the lowest tier section? Is there any chance this could hint at maybe a replacement for that spot?

17353576_1222622874451976_5735155240373334765_n.jpg

I saw this too was just about to post, god I hope so, fiberleaks  mentions that the organisers are trying to book bigger names still apparently 

all 3 of those subs seem too small especially as crystal fighters is 6th down  at rock  werchter  and stormzy  is rather new