Lemmy has died

rivalschools.price

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

probably not likely at all, but would love the rest of the band to fulfil their Download commitment with a string of guest vocalists in memory of Lemmy

Saw this idea on the DL post and think it's a great idea that many of the artists would be right behind.

That would be a very cool idea if it could properly work but with the hectic festival schedule around that time, you could only really hope for a handful of the artists playing that day, plus there's probably actually some weird contractual shit that could nix it. Copping has already mentioned that "it will be more LEMMYLOAD than Download" so I guess there will be sufficient tribute in lieu of that.

Did they do anything particular when Dio died? I know they renamed the stage but did they show clips or do a tribute or anything?

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

That would be a very cool idea if it could properly work but with the hectic festival schedule around that time, you could only really hope for a handful of the artists playing that day, plus there's probably actually some weird contractual shit that could nix it. Copping has already mentioned that "it will be more LEMMYLOAD than Download" so I guess there will be sufficient tribute in lieu of that.

Did they do anything particular when Dio died? I know they renamed the stage but did they show clips or do a tribute or anything?

Nothing other than his picture was shown on the big screens(I think)

The main difference is that Motorhead were booked to play Download anyway so it shouldn't be too hard to arrange a tribute.I agree it will be mainly artists playing that day, or at least playing the festival though.I can't imagine artists flying in from all over the world to do a song.