Pilton party

mike99

Hi all! This is my first Pilton Party I have a few questions to those that have been before! :)

Are there bars/places to get food? Do these close when the bands stop or do people stick around after? What time do you think Wolf Alice will be on? Due to work I won't be able to get there until 8pm worried this will be too late! Any info greatly appreciated! X

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all! This is my first Pilton Party I have a few questions to those that have been before! :)

Are there bars/places to get food? Do these close when the bands stop or do people stick around after? What time do you think Wolf Alice will be on? Due to work I won't be able to get there until 8pm worried this will be too late! Any info greatly appreciated! X

Yes there is a bar usually sells spirits, 1 lager, 1 beer (funky monkey or a glastonbury beer) and plastic bottles of brothers pear cider. There are a few food stalls (pizza, fish n chips and wraps etc). Bands finish about 11.30 and people drift off . Closed by 12 ish depending on the weather.

Gates at 5. First band maybe 6? then another then Wolf Alice so maybe 8.30ish.

All going on the last 10 years, changes sometimes but mostly runs the same.

Took my Niece to this as a birthday present. Had a really good night. Although Rudimental aren't exactly my 'cup of tea', I thought they put on a really good performance. Wolf Alice were good as well, as were the other two bands.

It was good to have a quick chat with James who was selling the T-shirts and I managed to obtain a number of refundable pint cups although sadly only two had the Glastonbury logo etched on them. 

All in all we had a really good night.

cracking looking cup - they are on sale at £3 and I bet very few will ask for their deposit back.

I wonder if they plan to launch this for next year.

CUP_o.jpg

were they selling cider in these? I'd be interested in knowing what metal they've used that won't be 'leeched' by scrumpy.

The cups are meant to be food grade stainless steel.  I didn't think that there was a metallic taste but Matty did, we disagreed on the night.  We spoke to the lady that was promoting / producing them, they only had time to get 2000 laser etched out of the 5000 and we had to badger her to find out when they would use the etched ones on the night they only started going out after 2100.

This was supposed to be a trial for next year, she was not 100% that they would be used but she thought that it seems likely. The sheepskin / fake sheepskin blankies for them were OK for a shiney thing but most of us ended taking them off because the step around the cup makes it easier to hold.

At first they were but later they sold the cider in plastic cups.

The ale, to me, tasted tainted and metalic in them. Yuk.

any ale or cider that's still 'alive' and fermenting will produce salt and acids when in contact with impurities in the steel - that would be the 'taint' I wonder what grade stainless steel they use - the bottles they provided 2 years ago keep 'active alcohol' in them well. Last year's less so.

Edited to add food grade is good enough to store what effectively is a mild vinegar, at presses like Westons stainless steel barrels are a part of the manufacturing process.

Where's Cidy in this thread when you need him? The stainless steel will rapidly rust if not washed regularly with bi-carbonate of soda and allowed to completely dry - if my notes from my visits to Sheppy's are correct.

Edited by 5co77ie