NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

7 minutes ago, carlosj said:

I'm going down there too, on the way. Reading the descriptions of the whole range, are these ciders going to make me head off to the long drops more regularly, or is that just the unfiltered ones?

Have you had dark cider before? If so what makes it more suited to ale drinkers?

Stay away from the dark cider, my young padawan. 

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok people not long now pray like the buggers you are ..pray cos if we have a wet one im a blaming YOUS

nice cider btw .......you can get this stuff in wilkinsons takes about 2 weeks ...any one done that one and if so any good ....

i have 25ltr o peach and grape all ready to go

plus 20 ltr strawberry

and 5 maybe 10 depends if i take 2 of 3/4 year old blackberry and blackberry/sloe

all o natural old sons

ust got to buy strongbow ..not natural but heyho

night

1 hour ago, thurlow84 said:

I need more vodka and cider for glasto

well apart from moaning thatbyou lot yakking about everything BUT the weather ,,thurlow old son my camp is up on the rd above the PS with candaian and pearjam and guysrockincclocks falgs [ they NEVER leave camp ] plus the guys one looks like it says guys rockincock but thats bytheby ..pop up and ask any one along that front line and youll find me and ill sortb you out with drink .....if om not there just ask and some one in my lot will sort you out .....with anyb thing you want ..you naughty [ spelling ]  boy you lol

the wife not doing as shes told tonight so im yakking on myself ....that is NOT a ffinbarr or wot ever you nutters say

yakkkkkkkking is NOW barred fron NFR NFC you must pray KONTIKI

1 hour ago, carlosj said:

I'm going down there too, on the way. Reading the descriptions of the whole range, are these ciders going to make me head off to the long drops more regularly, or is that just the unfiltered ones?

Have you had dark cider before? If so what makes it more suited to ale drinkers?

No, I did some fairly extensive 'research' earlier in the year, but didn't try the dark one, so it's an unknown. The medium was ace though.

All the ciders I tried (not the cider/perry mix I ordered by accident ) resulted in essentially no hangover at all. And I did try, believe me!

27 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

well apart from moaning thatbyou lot yakking about everything BUT the weather ,,thurlow old son my camp is up on the rd above the PS with candaian and pearjam and guysrockincclocks falgs [ they NEVER leave camp ] plus the guys one looks like it says guys rockincock but thats bytheby ..pop up and ask any one along that front line and youll find me and ill sortb you out with drink .....if om not there just ask and some one in my lot will sort you out .....with anyb thing you want ..you naughty [ spelling ]  boy you lol

the wife not doing as shes told tonight so im yakking on myself ....that is NOT a ffinbarr or wot ever you nutters say

yakkkkkkkking is NOW barred fron NFR NFC you must pray KONTIKI

Cheers old son

Praise the weather gods

Morning all, just letting you know it's going to be great in June down in that there Somerset, since it's going to be ch#cking it down in the North and Mansfield area this weekend and BH apparently.  I've got the entire family taking it for the team as we go celebrate my sister-in-law's 40th at a campsite.

Today is grey in Leeds. I've some minor 9-5 stuff to do before I get to do the important stuff, like mend a seat, get out the wellies, sort out the bedsheets in the van.  NFRNFC y'all

Old son, there will be Old sun.

Edited by carlosj

23 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Morning all, just letting you know it's going to be great in June down in that there Somerset, since it's going to be ch#cking it down in the North and Mansfield area this weekend and BH apparently.  I've got the entire family taking it for the team as we go celebrate my sister-in-law's 40th at a campsite.

Today is grey in Leeds. I've some minor 9-5 stuff to do before I get to do the important stuff, like mend a seat, get out the wellies, sort out the bedsheets in the van.  NFRNFC y'all

Old son, there will be Old sun.

It was crap in Manchester this morning on the way to work but I have no idea what it's like now, no windows.. For some reason I think this bodes well for Glastonbury. Thanks for taking one for the team, I haven't been non-festival camping for ages. Last time (I kid you not) was at a place called Bell End Farm...

47 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

I'm not 100% convinced myself, it could go either way.. Think it's more for the wife really, I've got a Pernod.

Really? Come on, be out and proud - it's ok to like salted caramel.

41 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Finbarr!

6 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Nicely Finbarred, Mr G! 

I think this is a joke I'm not getting... Is it a Black Books reference or summat? Could be..

1 minute ago, carlosj said:

Really? Come on, be out and proud - it's ok to like salted caramel.

Oh I like it in chocolate don't get me wrong, I'll give this stuff a go if the wife lets me but I've got me plan b so job's a good un.

2 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

I think this is a joke I'm not getting... Is it a Black Books reference or summat? Could be..

Oh I like it in chocolate don't get me wrong, I'll give this stuff a go if the wife lets me but I've got me plan b so job's a good un.

It's a reference to the Viz character Finbarr Saunders and his double entendres.

How do you manage the following morning after Pernod? I hydrated myself one day, and found I'd reactivated the Pernod all over again.

Just now, carlosj said:

It's a reference to the Viz character Finbarr Saunders and his double entendres.

How do you manage the following morning after Pernod? I hydrated myself one day, and found I'd reactivated the Pernod all over again.

Ahh, I knew it sounded familiar. You know when you just can't place summat?

The following morning, at Glastonbury... probably about 4 pints of milk, that tends to help. Pernod was one of me first booze discoveries, used to be on it every weekend but now it's a special occasion thing cos it can be painful...

1 minute ago, RichardWaller said:

Ahh, I knew it sounded familiar. You know when you just can't place summat?

The following morning, at Glastonbury... probably about 4 pints of milk, that tends to help. Pernod was one of me first booze discoveries, used to be on it every weekend but now it's a special occasion thing cos it can be painful...

All too frequently :wacko:

11 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

Apologies. As Carlos said, it's from Viz. Finbarr Saunders heard innuendo in just about everything anyone said. It's usually a Friday tradition on NFR, but I couldn't resist being premature on that one! :)