Girls going to glasto?

Lannie

Hey!

Me and my two friends and a lass I'm meeting of here are going to be arriving at about 1.30 via coach from Birmingham ... This will be all our first times at glasto! So we are looking for like minded gals who would like to pitch with us ... Have a gazebo to put up which we could use to have pre drinks.. Chill.. Get ready ... Whatever! Then maybe head to certain acts together ? Basicly hoping to get some kind of girl power camp on the go! We was hoping to set up in pennard , Oxlerys or park home ground ... Though aware of the time we are getting there it may be full already! We are all 23-24 and each one of us has different musical taste. If your traveling down on the same coach , or going with a few mates and want to ensure you a re well away from the stinky boys when hit me up :) though late night dancing and drinks are a must ;) though one of us is a make up artist so she could help give out some tips to minamise the damage the next morning .. Or sunglasses I usually go for that haha xxx

I think a gazebo is fine as long as it doesn't take up room that wouldn't already be taken.. and as long as you're in a less busy field.

i.e. 3-4 tent camped in a little circle, there'd be an area in the middle that would be open, I'd say it's fine to put a gazebo there. I don't agree with gazebos taking up loads of space with spaced out tents etc.... and remember to take it home with you! So many abandoned ones on Monday it's a crying shame!

But let's not start the great gazebo debate... have a blast!

The gazebo is coming haha I need that extra space as I have back problems so bent up in a tent while trying to relax and have a drink and a chat is not doable at all

and the risk of someone camping right next to my tent so I have no room to even put a chair is something I'm really not willing to risk!

I get that some people don't like them , though a lot of people on here don't mind them.

Aslong as its packed away and taken home,, what's the problem really? If it does bother people camping near me I'm more than happy for them to come take cover if it rains or cook under it!

( will be coming with be to board masters aswell ) haha

Just after those chill vibes Mannnnn x

The gazebo is coming haha I need that extra space as I have back problems so bent up in a tent while trying to relax and have a drink and a chat is not doable at all

and the risk of someone camping right next to my tent so I have no room to even put a chair is something I'm really not willing to risk!

I get that some people don't like them , though a lot of people on here don't mind them.

Aslong as its packed away and taken home,, what's the problem really? If it does bother people camping near me I'm more than happy for them to come take cover if it rains or cook under it!

( will be coming with be to board masters aswell ) haha

Just after those chill vibes Mannnnn x

I totally agree! Plus when it's boiling it's nice to get out of the sweaty tent and enjoy a bit of shade before caning the sunshine all day :beach:

Security will tell you to take them down if you put them up in any of the fields you have suggested camping in.... if you want to have a gazebo you are best off in the less popular fields. 

Edit : can't spell

Edited by GoonerRob

Security will tell you to take them down if you put them up in any of the fields you have suggested camping in.... if you want to have a gazebo you are best off in the less popular fields. 

Edit : can't spell

Thanks for advice ... Im kinda confused how this post was for girls and most replies are boys haha

OK, I'll reply ;-) At best, security will tell you to take your gazebo down. At worst, you'll come back to your tent to find someone else has 'helpfully' taken it down for you and placed their own tent in the space....

You might be ok putting one up on the less crowded western edges of the site, but don't count 100% on it. Gazebos are really lovely to sit under with a few drinks I agree, when camping space isn't at such a premium. 

A few years ago the group next to us had a circle of 8/9 tents and two gazebos on the Middle. They woke up Thursday morning to find two tents in the middle and were not happy - they kicked off big time but most people around them thought they were taking the p**s and told them so. And the guys in the middle stayed put. This was in oxylers so they should've been told to take them down imo as space is tight as it is.

Hey lannie, you girls sound great! Hope you have a great festival!! Started going at your age and loved every festival! Boo to all the negative comments....I've taken a gazebo every year and we tuck our tents right into it, it's always a social point for pretty much everyone camping around us! Never had an issue! Anyway feeling the festival love tonight so good luck to everyone! I hope your festval is magnificent ❤️

Hey!

Me and my two friends and a lass I'm meeting of here are going to be arriving at about 1.30 via coach from Birmingham ... This will be all our first times at glasto! So we are looking for like minded gals who would like to pitch with us ... Have a gazebo to put up which we could use to have pre drinks.. Chill.. Get ready ... Whatever! Then maybe head to certain acts together ? Basicly hoping to get some kind of girl power camp on the go! We was hoping to set up in pennard , Oxlerys or park home ground ... Though aware of the time we are getting there it may be full already! We are all 23-24 and each one of us has different musical taste. If your traveling down on the same coach , or going with a few mates and want to ensure you a re well away from the stinky boys when hit me up :) though late night dancing and drinks are a must ;) though one of us is a make up artist so she could help give out some tips to minamise the damage the next morning .. Or sunglasses I usually go for that haha xxx

Hey Lannie,

I'm a girl :)

I'm going it alone this year due to an unfortunate series of events (a.k.a the scumbag) *ahem* anyway, I don't arrive until Thur. I've already found some lovely people on here to hopefully pitch with, but don't want to invade their group all weeked, so would be more than happy to swing by the girl camp for some predrinks :) 

x