Hayseed Dixie

theboytaff

Love a bit of Hayseed Dixie so would love to see them again.

This also gives me another chance to regail you with my official Hayseed story.

I saw them years ago, bought a cd for £10 and got it signed by the band. So I stuck it on eBay and it went for £9 including postage.

Nice.

To an extent I agree with you, but these are jobbing musicians so possibly aren't in a financial position to make such concessions. To be slightly pedantic, not EVERYONE views Glastonbury like you and I as this amazing festival that does loads for charity. Some people view it as one mans vanity project, others as a massive money making machine lining the pockets of a tightarse farmer (NOT my views, just ones that I have heard expressed by various people). Also, last year Man Utd did more charity work than Glastonbury, should bands forego their fee if asked to play at the clubs xmas do?

To an extent I agree with you, but these are jobbing musicians so possibly aren't in a financial position to make such concessions. To be slightly pedantic, not EVERYONE views Glastonbury like you and I as this amazing festival that does loads for charity. Some people view it as one mans vanity project, others as a massive money making machine lining the pockets of a tightarse farmer (NOT my views, just ones that I have heard expressed by various people). Also, last year Man Utd did more charity work than Glastonbury, should bands forego their fee if asked to play at the clubs xmas do?

I don't think you can compare Glastonbury to the biggest football team in the world,what glastonbury does offer is exposure which can only be good for any band.If everyone got paid the going rate tickets would cost a fortune thus making the festival non viable,probably in the region of £1000 a ticket for what's on offer imo.

I don't think you can compare Glastonbury to the biggest football team in the world,what glastonbury does offer is exposure which can only be good for any band.If everyone got paid the going rate tickets would cost a fortune thus making the festival non viable,probably in the region of £1000 a ticket for what's on offer imo.

Bands only get massive exposure if they play one of the larger stages at a decent time. I know the 'red button' allows more acts to be seen, but playing late afternoon in Avalon (for example) is not likely to get any prime time TV coverage.

I'd really like Hayseed Dixie to play, but I don't think it would significantly affect their record sales given that they would be unlikely to be seen on TV.

If your saying that a band should play an event for less because the company that runs the event does a lot of charity work, then i believe that you can compare Glastonbury to any other organisation that does charity work big or small. Secondly, as elias points out the sort of stage HD would probably play on wouldn't give them the exposure you talk about. I agree with your overall point but disagree that its as black and white as you make out.