DRINK!

TaBoosh

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhubarb vodka ? How do you do that? Made sherbet lemon and skittles last year! Also took home brew cider, elderberry and elderflower wine plus about 8 cases of cider

I thought you can get rhubard and custard hard boiled sweets no? Anyone tried using those in vodka?

This is how I've done it in the past.

The rhubarb and custard boiled sweets dissolve completely in the vodka. I usually make mine with about 200g of sweets in a 70cl bottle of vodka. If you decant the vodka into a 1L plastic bottle first it gives it a bit of shaking room to help the process along.

The rhubarb and custard boiled sweets dissolve completely in the vodka. I usually make mine with about 200g of sweets in a 70cl bottle of vodka. If you decant the vodka into a 1L plastic bottle first it gives it a bit of shaking room to help the process along.

It's an idea to sterilise the plastic bottles first. Good idea from .......(? Sorry can't remember) about using little clear bottles

It's an idea to sterilise the plastic bottles first. Good idea from .......(? Sorry can't remember) about using little clear bottles

I usually make them up in 1 or 2 litre bottles (depending on whether I'm doing different flavours or not) and then decant into smaller plastic bottles. I prefer either Lucozade sport or kids fruit shoot bottles - other squirty bottles are available.

Will be doing Apple Pie Bourbon again.(Dan already posted the link) Absolutely delicious it was!! Will likely also bring a litre of Vodka , might split into a couple of flavours I am thinking Wurthers Orginal and something fruity!!! (Previous attemps with vodka to make Jelly Baby/Skittles vodka ..I haven't been majorly impressed with.)

Will get also get a number of cans in, depending on supermarket offers, but normally 5-8 a day on top of drinking from Brothers/Cider bus when ever I go past :P

This sounds really good, how long do you have to mix it for, and how often do you shake when it comes to hard boiled sweets?

Is flavoured gin nice? I've never tried it but might give it a go with berries

Normally I'd just do beer but it's going to be a lot of weight to carry and it'll take up a lot of space on the coach.

Edited by JGP

Is flavoured gin nice? I've never tried it but might give it a go with berries

Normally I'd just do beer but it's going to be a lot of weight to carry and it'll take up a lot of space on the coach.

Flavoured Gin, that sounds good, was thinking of doing some flavoured vodka, some ideas on here sound ace, but prefer gin myself, screw it, I am gonna try it. lemon sherbet gin, why the devil not - I'll give it a whirl.

Sorry for the Daily Mail link, but this works brilliantly

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2332980/How-make-perfect-vodka-cocktail--dishwasher.html

I made flavoured vodka in 75 minutes last year.

Edited by jeffie

Flavoured Gin, that sounds good, was thinking of doing some flavoured vodka, some ideas on here sound ace, but prefer gin myself, screw it, I am gonna try it. lemon sherbet gin, why the devil not - I'll give it a whirl.

haha, I'm sure Gordon's do a flavoured version which is/was limited edition. Didn't try it though, I'm guessing the flavour would've been weaker than I'd have liked. Screw it... I'll try it too!

If anyone's making different flavours of vodka try pear flavour. Absolut Pear vodka is the nicest spirit I've ever tasted.. raspberry and vanilla flavours being among the worst.

Oh aswell, vodka with lemon and lime coke is nice, tastes just like you've gone all out and got proper lemon vodka :beach:

Edited by JGP

Glacier mint vodka is great.

Just get a bottle of cheap ass voddy and over about 3 days add a bag of glacier mints shaking several times a day till all dissolved. It tastes great and can easily be drunk neat even using the crappest spirit you can find

Seen some people said mixing flavoured vodka with Sprite / lemonade..

What's the consistency of this like? Would the vodka / sweet mixture not be too thick to mix with the lemonade? Or would you mix using a large amount of vodka so the sweets are evenly dispersed throughout yet keeping the same consistency of the vodka?

Just wondering..might try one of these this year