Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Sound's fine for me. The video was lagging so I cranked the resolution down.

I'm converted to Rebellion's conscious uncoupling from Power Out, that connected Everything Now and HCTNT beautifully. This is giving me torment for not going for tickets for the shows in April tho.

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Is this a different version of Chemistry than the one everyone hates? This rocks. If this is the low point then !!!!!!!!!

It's really grown on me the more I've listened to the album, albeit I still think it's one of the weak points of the album.

Poor Win forgetting a lyric of Signs of Life there :D 

Hmm, I think it sounds intermittently very weak but fine at other times. Difficult to tell with The Suburbs right now because that always sounds a bit flat live imo. 

Thought he might have been joking with the Signs of Life thing? Pretty bizarre line to forget otherwise! 

Edited by bocumaroy

Ten songs in, three Everything Now tracks... Don't think this will be the first taste of Everything Now many were expecting. Top show so far though, can really feel the love and how much the band are enjoying it. The cool kids stuck in the past might build them up just to tear them back down but they'll always have a barrage of incredible tunes to fill the set up with.

Good God Damn is really, truly awful. As is Peter Pan. I'm shocked at how I actually really hate them. That's never happened with AF before. The infinite content bits are a bit shit aswell. 

That being said, Put Your Money on Me is just utterly fantabulous. We Don't Deserve Love is great. All the singles are good to great. And I don't really know how or why, but Chemistry bangs for this guy...

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Ten songs in, three Everything Now tracks... Don't think this will be the first taste of Everything Now many were expecting. Top show so far though, can really feel the love and how much the band are enjoying it. The cool kids stuck in the past might build them up just to tear them back down but they'll always have a barrage of incredible tunes to fill the set up with.

Of all the new tracks, I'm praying for Put Your Money On Me and You Don't Deserve Love, assuming Creature Comfort is a cert. 

3 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Of all the new tracks, I'm praying for Put Your Money On Me and You Don't Deserve Love, assuming Creature Comfort is a cert. 

Exactly my thoughts. Though if they do the Infinite Content double track thing then I imagine that working better live.

That was me hearing Electric Blue for the first time and my jaw fell right off. Never expected to hear an Arcade Fire song like that and it was pretty god damn beautiful, and Régine sounded awesome throughout. And holy shit this Régine double-bill needs to stay.

4 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Amazes me that people can go to one of these gigs & just stand there. I was all over the place 

Is it not just that we're used to a more expressive crowds here? I've read about UK having notoriously lively audiences on forums and YouTube comments and shit so maybe it's just a different culture there.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Is it not just that we're used to a more expressive crowds here? I've read about UK having notoriously lively audiences on forums and YouTube comments and shit so maybe it's just a different culture there.

Yeah probably, and I mean people can enjoy stuff in whatever way the want so its not really a criticism- if anything I admire the restraint :P 

Don't think I'm ever gonna get over them playing Temptation at the end of Afterlife. What a moment that was. 

They've managed to make Everything Now an incredible opener and a graceful finish. Genius.

Clocking in just short of two hours is great, but there being just the five (six, technically?) EN songs makes you worry that there will have to be some chopping of classics. Nice problem to have though I suppose.

Just now, dentalplan said:

They've managed to make Everything Now an incredible opener and a graceful finish. Genius.

Clocking in just short of two hours is great, but there being just the five (six, technically?) EN songs makes you worry that there will have to be some chopping of classics. Nice problem to have though I suppose.

Going into this expecting it to be the whole album played live, I was very surprised and even a tiny bit disappointed with the lack of tracks from the new record, especially seeing as they didn't play the best 3 non singles on the album. 

The first tour dates now the album's out will be very interesting. With Tunnels not getting played in Belfast in June, it shows that nothing's 100% safe, sans Wake Up.

Really ropey start but eventually enjoyed that a lot. Love the Everything Now bit at the end for more explicitly getting at the emotional side of the song; think it's a bit unfairly perceived as just being about buying things or whatever but those additional lyrics brought to the fore the melancholy and emotional strain.

Think for the full tour it'd be good if they pretty much just play the lot from the new album and then rotate all the other stuff a lot more than they have done previously. No need to have any of the old favourites be dead certs.